She Doesn't Love You

Kye's POV

I didn't mean to do it. I was drunk and mad and so deeply in love that it just overcame me. I watched Mel look at that girl in a way she'd never looked at me. I watched Thalia's hand snake around her waist and I couldn't hold it in. I didn't want to hurt her. Okay, maybe I did. I wanted to hurt her for being able to capture the heart of the girl I could never quite clasp. Even as I screamed at her, I could feel every ounce of anger trickle out of me and as Mel pulled on me, begging me to let go. I wouldn't and I don't know why. It was the look on her face I hated, she didn't even look scared or upset, she just looked angry and disappointed. Almost as if she knew this would happen. It was Taylor who managed to drag me off of her, let me calm down.

What the hell did I just do?

Mel's POV

"You think you can just walk into my life, steal my girlfriend and then just completely leave?!" Kye spat in her face. I had never seen him like this- he was like a different person. Thalia looked at him in shock yet with a hint of what seemed to be disappointment,

"Why can't you get it into your head that she doesn't love you?" She said slowly, catching his gaze. He stopped obviously taken aback by this remark; his grip loosened around her. Then after what seemed like an argument had erupted in his mind, the anger won over him and he slammed her against the wall once again. People were watching now- most were too drunk to care or even notice but some had. Afterall- Drama was drama. I could feel the tears threatening to pour, this was my fault. I had made this mess and placed Thalia right in the centre of it all.

"I love her!" Kye screamed in her face. That set me off- this had to stop. I grabbed ahold of his arm begging him to stop. The tears began to pour,

"Stop," I looked up at Thalia, "Mel stop it. He's not worth it." Everything was coated in a thick haze. I stepped back, still crying, mostly because of the influence of the alcohol taking over my body.

"Kye, this isn't going to get you anywhere and you know it." Thalia's voice chimed through the clouded air. His brain seemed to be in constant conflict with itself and he looked at the girl with so much pain. His pain was my fault. I'd hurt him. I finally understand love then. Truth is- I did love him and although it may never be in the way he wished me to, I never wanted to see him hurt, especially not like this. That was when Taylor came over, taking his friend's hand and pulling him away from the girl. I watched Thalia have a conversation with Zeke before heading upstairs without a second thought to me. Although I may not have been thinking clearly, there was one thing I knew that I could not do right now.

I couldn't walk away.

***

Zeke's room was nice. I'd thought it would have almost resembled a trash tip but I'm always one to wrongly assume. That's what Mom would say at least. I looked over to the fragile body of a girl, curled up in a ball on the bed,

"You must be on good terms with Zeke that he let you use his room," I slurred slightly. I was drunk but not drunk enough for me to not understand the situation. I'd never felt so light-headed before and I didn't know if it was a good or a bad thing. She looked up at me and smile,d

"Our parents used to be friends at school. He invited me actually, remembered me from when we were little. This isn't the first time I've lived here," She said, her voice surprisingly stable.

"Wow, you are a lot soberer than you seemed!" I exclaimed shakily slumping down next to her on the bed.

"Really I'm not. I just seem like it. Really, I'm not quite sure what's going on right now." I laughed a little at her exasperated look and leant my head on her shoulder. She doesn't resist and part of me feels bad knowing that if she were completely sober she wouldn't have acted the same.

"Hey... how'd you feel like getting completely drunk with me tonight?" She asked, pulling a bottle of vodka from under Zeke's bed, "It's his secret stash, he told me about it the other day." Part of my heart hurt knowing she'd been here rather than been with me but part of me just wanted to spend whatever time I could with her while she wasn't running away. I nodded.

***

"Why are you avoiding me?" I slurred drunkenly. Thalia and I were sat cross-legged on the little balcony leading off from Zeke's room, the almost empty bottle on the floor beside me. The stars twinkled like diamonds in the void above us. Thalia narrowed her eyes and looked at me sadly,

"What is it with you and the difficult questions?" She said playfully, having now given in to the influence of the many bottles she'd drunk today.

"I'm serious!" I whined, grabbing the bottle and downing the last few drops.

"Hey!" She shrieked, reaching over me to grab it. I held it above my head laughing at her determined face. Then she stopped, moving her head so it was in line with mine,

"I want to kiss you," She chuckled moving her hand to pat me awkwardly on the face,

"Tried that..." I muttered but all she does is fling her head back in laughter,

"Why would you want to kiss me?" She murmured flinging out a finger to touch my nose as she says the word you.

"Because you are beautiful and have the most amazing smile and the most bright and vibrant personality..." I slurred. She narrows her eyes,

"I wish I could be good enough for the almighty Melody Arianne Parker!" She exclaimed throwing her hands into the air, "Unfortunately, it seems nothing will be good enough for that smile and that stupid glowing aura that follows you around everywhere and that ass..."

"Thalia!" I moaned, playfully whacking her on the shoulder.

"Whaaaaaaat?" She dragged out the word, still clinging onto my shirt.

"You will always be good enough for me," I answered, way too honestly for even a shred of my brain to be the least bit sober.

She smiled at me with her trademark, sloppy smirk.

"We should go home..." I said in order to break the silence,

"We should..." Thalia chimed, "But... you are very comfy to lay on..."

A/N

The second chapter of the day and I hate it a little less. Mostly because writing the two of them drunk was fairly fun (I'll be honest). I think I'm going to write the next chapter right now but won't release it till later cause- two updates in a day- I have to make you guys wait for some stuff right? Tbh I think I'm just making up for the holiday break...

I hope you all enjoyed, please vote it means the world and have a really great day!

Edited