Chapter 16

Athenas POV

Nothing is more important than my beauty sleep but when your Bestfriends mom or even your 2nd mom calls you crying at 3 am then you have to give it up.

Now here I was at 3:42 am talking to my crying Bestfriends mom.

"Mrs. S breath, what's going on?" I say while turning on my light near my bed.

She was uncontrollably sobbing bad.

"He's not here , he just left." She said through the phone crying hard.

"Who ? You mean Mr. S?" I said.

My eyes widened in realization , that was odd he was always to listen. I rubbed my eyes , my tiredness wearing off.

"He found out didn't he ?" I asked obvious you of it.

"Yes , but he was mad because I chose to not go to doctor to doctor but live my last year happy and not tubed up."

Now my eyes widened in shock to this news.

"W-what Mrs. S—"

"Darling it's my choice I-I want this , and all he did was run off." She said starting to cry again.

I took a deep breath.

"Mrs. S he needs some time , how would you feel if you found out your husband was dying and only got a year?"

"I would be devastated and-"

"And run off."

She started to cry harder.

"Can you give me his number I can call him and he won't know it's me so he'll answer."

"Okay." She said sniffling.

"Mrs. S try to get some sleep. I'll call him and let him know."

"O-okay goodnight Athena."

"Goodnight." I said hanging up.

A minute later I get the number and call him.

"Hello?" He says.

Gosh he sounds like he just got hit with a truck.

"H-hello Mr. S this is Athena." I said kinda nervous.

"Athena right now , it's not a good—l"

"I know Mr. S but your wife is hysterical right now and the rate she's going if she doesn't know where you are might have a panic attack."

I hear a light "fuck"

"So I'm guessing she told you?"

"Yes and I know it's hard but,"

He cuts me off.

"No Athena you don't know. Nobody knows until they went through it that the love of their life their soulmate is dying." He says giving a humorless laugh.

"But I should've seen it coming my karma was coming soon. All the fucked up deeds I've done this is my payback the only thing I really live for is dying."

My eyes started to water , he sounded so broken.

"Mr. S I'm really sorry , your right I've never went through it but I know it hurts because I could only think of someone I loving dying I would kill myself and that's only thinking about it so you going through it I could only imagine and call me selfish but I hope I only could imagine and not go through this. But right now your wife needs you she's not safe by herself right now. She's-she's dying Mr. S she has a year spend all the time you can, because time? Time is your biggest enemy and you could snap your fingers and one year is up."

"I know and it's just I can't look at her without imagining life without her."

"I know that's why I think for her last year you guys should travel don't be here live life Mr. S."

"I think that's a good idea but you have to make one promise for me to do it."

"Yea?"

"Take your own advice and take care of Leo. He misses you even though you haven't seen him in a few years and he's been keeping track of you , he still loves you like he's been talking to you for the last 2 years. He's going to need someone by his side and Mandy too but Leo will need you Athena. You guys been making excuses for a while be happy while you can because my wife is gonna be gone soon." He says as his voice cracks at the end.

A few tears fell. Then a lot. I wiped them hastily.

"I-I promise. I'm so so sorry Mrs. S , and it's not your fault it's just a cruel joke the devil has played on us."

He didn't say nothing after that.

"I'm on my way home Athena , I will be talking to my wife but next week we will have a dinner with everybody and we will tell them. Our family needs you more than ever and Sasha too, because Mateo is apart of our family too."

"I'll tell her , Mr. S. Goodnight."

"Night." He said and hung up.

I turned my light off and laid down, but I was wide awake thinking about everything, Mrs and Mr. S but mainly Leo after all these year I know next week when we see each other our feelings will resurface. And he was keeping tabs on me. I know I wasn't experienced seeing only had sex with 2 different people but I know not everyone isn't as gifted as Leo.

Let's not think about that right now.

"Well at least you have a week until you see him." I say speaking into the dark.

What a fucking day.

.
.
.
.
.
.
First chapter of my new story is tf outttttttttttttt🥳 go check it out pleaseee on my account or on my page whatever you want to call it lol.

P.S I will not be posting another chapter until I hit 1k reads the next chapter will be spicy🥰