~Tweleve~

Uthman's POV

       Pass 
       straight
       dribble
       go
       go
       go and

            it's a Goal.

           Wooosh, I shouted and in less than a second, I was lifted off the ground by my teammates. Wooosh, I said again, feeling excitement bubbling in my heart. That was my second goal for the match and that makes 3-0. We resumed the match and in less than 10 minutes, the referee blew the alarm and the match ended. We won again. I walked over to where I kept my phone and shirt amidst loud murmurs from my teammates and the other players. I unlocked my phone and saw that the time was 7:15 pm. Someone slapped me at the back and I looked back to see Muhammed, the guy whose house is like three streets away from mine. We met on the field when I was in SS1 and he was in SS2. Now, he's a first-year student of unilorin.

"hey man. Nice moves you got there."

I smiled. "Who are you whining?"

He shrugged. "We both know that I'm serious. Heard you're the captain of your football team at school."

I nodded.

"Hey man, you've got so much talent. And you want to become a medical doctor? I can't even imagine you holding a scalpel."

"Guy, you've not changed at all."

He shrugged again and said, "A leopard never changes its spot."

I smiled and started putting on my shirt. I stopped midway because of his long, overly, exaggerated gasp.

"What's it?"

I asked, taking in his slightly opened mouth. He moved closer and touched a spot above my elbow.

"Seriously, all these abs for you. Wao, wait for wao. You're definitely what we should call a hot man. Whoosh. All the girls must be lining up to date you. You're handsome, you're brilliant, you're the captain of the football team and you're the senior prefect. You're the perfect example of  All Rounder."

I groaned and rolled my eyes but I felt warm insides. To have all my good attributes laid out like this has me smiling. I adjusted my shorts and we started walking towards his street. We'll pass his street before getting to mine. The match we were playing was a match between Agbabiaka's estate and Wema's Estate. The two estates were close to each other. Only a street separating them and I live in Agbabiaka's estate.

"So, you've got a girlfriend now?"

Mohammed asked once we left the field in Wema's Estate and we've now entered the street of our estate.

"No."

He stopped in his track, then picked up the pace again, this time turning to look at me so he was walking backward.

"What's stopping you, dude? You've got the face, the........" His voice trailed off as he looked at me quizically.

"Have you ever asked a girl out?"

"No," I replied and picked up the pace so that we'll just get to the junction where we will part ways.

"Oh shit. Uthman. You're sixteen. Guys have been toasting girls since they were 13. What's wrong with you? Do you even know how to?"

Oh, I forgot to introduce Mohammed as advanced Daniel when it comes to craziness. Except that Daniel often means his as jokes most of them while Mohammed practically wants you to hold a pen and a paper when he teaches you these life hacks of toasting girls.

"You can talk to me if you need help. I'll help you."

Ó tán?

I nodded my head just as we got to the junction where we part ways. We did the guy code thing and we parted ways. I continued walking down the road when lyrics flowed into my ears from nowhere.