1

part 1:

Nat:

I was on my way home from a two week holiday with my family in Mexico and I was so ready to get back to work, but first, New Years!!!. I was honestly so excited because last year I speant New Years moping around because I had just broken up with my boyfriends of 3 years and I just didn't feel up to partying. But this year was different. I was so ready to not care and have the best time of my life. I was also excited to get back to LA and see everyone. To be honest, I had missed them tremendously. You really don't realize how much time we spend together until we are apart. To be fair, we do spend like every minute of every day together. 

Although, I have to admit I was most excited to get to see David again. This had been the longest time we had spent apart since my trip to Mexico last year. I realised in the trip just how much I like being around David because of the positive energy and always doing things. I just liked the work dynamic of aways staying busy and even when we are taking a break, we are probably at home working as well. But I really did miss him, just don't tell him that. He gets super cocky and would totally tease me about it for the next year. 

Because I had been away, I was not the one to plan the party this year, Taylor was, and that got me a bit on edge because it was her first time since working with us that she had planned something all on her own. But that also meant that I could relax and take a break as soon as I came home although it probably wouldn't last very long because somebody would need me for something **cough couch David cough*.

The flight wasn't very long, only around 3 hours and 45 minutes but all this excitement made me impatient and I just couldn't wait to get there already. Throughout the flight my mind kept going to David and what he had been up to these past few weeks. We had talked on FaceTime almost every single day and I knew what he was doing but my min just couldn't keep off of him. I guess my face kind of showed that I was lost in thought because my mom asked me "What are you thinking about honey?", this caught me off guard and I turned to face her but didn't know what to respond do I blankly stared at her for two second until I finally revealed, "Oh,... Nothing". 

She looked at me sort of suspiciously and I immediately knew that she knew that I was thinking about David. Everybody knew that I had feelings for him. Even David. I had been having these feelings throughout the year and they were not very serious. David and the rest would usually just make a joke out of them because I would never admit to actually liking him. I knew he didn't feel the same about me because he was always to busy thinking about everyone else, he just didn't have time to think about love. Anyways, every time he is asked about it, he always says that he wouldn't want to ruin our friendship which I honestly agree with completely.

Time skip

---------

I was at the front door, about to walk in and a huge smile plastered across my face. I peered through the glass and I couldn't see anyone so I imagined that David was alone and maybe Taylor was there somewhere too but I couldn't see. I turned the key in the lock and let myself in. I left all of my things in my room and I still hadn't seen David so I Imagined that he would be in bed editing or something because his door was open just a crack which meant that he wasn't sleeping. I hadn't seen Taylor so I imagined that she would be out doing something last minute for the party. I grabbed my phone and I pressed the Instagram icon and I started to record a story as I walked in to his room and announced "I'm Home!!". He was indeed, sat in his usual spot, back against the headboard and computer on his lap editing. His face shot up as he heard me and he smiled and we both laughed. I stopped recording and I sat on the opposite side of the bed to see what he was doing. 

We were sitting in his room fr a good three hours though which many of his friends came in and out, sat on the bed, on the love sacs and we shared a bunch of banter and caught up on my time in Mexico. Jason came at around 2 pm and we were still in his room. He came closer to the bed instead of sitting on the lovesacs and joined in the conversation. We were talking about the party tonight when it suddenly dawned on me "It's New Years!!!". Everyone stared and laughed at me and David just made fun of me like I had been living under a rock for the past 3 weeks. David then says "I honestly hope next year is as good as this one and maybe I'll be able to get the Adsense up this year". We all agree and slightly laugh. Then Jason interjects and says "Well, to be able to have luck this year, you'll have to see the new year in with someone" which he instantly responds to "well, I'm fucked then" and we all laugh. Jason was of course taping this because he knew that it wasn't good enough for David's channel but it would make for a good few minutes of his vlog. 

Erin then says from across the room "well, why don't you find somebody to kiss at midnight, I mean, there's going to be a party with a bunch of people, I don't think it'll be that hard" which he quickly shuts down with "I don't know, I'm no the kind of guy to go around kissing girls for the fun of it in parties anymore" which we all understand because when he first came out to LA, let's just say that he was all about the parties and didn't care about anything else; now he was much more mature and he only focused on his job and if he were to kiss someone, it would have to be someone that he had something with. But Jason was quick to contradict that and say "Well then it's settled, just kiss Natalie. I mean you guys are married after all, it would only make sense". We all started laughing, of course my cheeks flushed a little and David was a little uncomfortable where he wasn't laughing because of the situations he had been put in but he smiled because he understood the joke.