5

Part 5:

David's POV: I was on the verge of breaking. I had planned to get a vlog up on Thursday and another on Sunday but it was Saturday and the first vlog wasn't even up yet. I was sitting on the couch, surrounded by pillows that I had been punching for the past hour or so. Natalie was on a love sac with her computer trying to get through emails. I needed her input like normal but she needed to work because she was behind and that frustrated me. Also, I seemed to be even more indecisive today. Normally I would have been able to get the vlog up in 10 to 12 hours but it had been around 20 and I was getting nowhere. I kept on asking Natalie for help and the first few times she accepted happily and gave me indications of which clips where the funniest or would go better. This was all normal but the problem was I couldn't seem to agree with her. Everything she told me didn't make sense to me or I just wasn't completely sure. By the 5th time I called her over to help me with the same but she got frustrated as well from me saying no to everything and yelled "ugh!!!". I turned to face her and her face told me everything. She was now sitting beside me, legs slightly touching, shoulders practically pushing me over. Next thing I know, my body takes control and I can't help myself but I open my arms to the sides pushing everything beside me including Natalie and pushing my laptop of my lap to create a space bubble. I then took my hands and put them on my head almost ripping out my hair and I could just see her out of the corner of my eye starring at me with the most blank expression. 

Most of our friends were coming over in an hour and a half and I had intended to get the vlog edited by the time they got here so that I wouldn't have to worry about it later that evening.

We both remained in that position for two minutes strait until I heard Nat say "I call Date-alie!"

I starred at her in disbelief, my hands slowly running down the sides of my head, I couldn't believe that she had actually called it. She knew how badly I needed to finish the video, I don't understand. She knew just how stressed I was. Although, in the back of my mind I knew that this is what was best and why we even made these in the first place.

"David" she said in a much calmer tone as her arm reached my shoulder to try and comfort me "You know you need this right now. Take a break and come back to it later on". I knew she was right, I just didn't want to admit it. "Come on, I'm driving. I feel like taking out the Bronco. we can even go to a drive through so it can be shorter."

I didn't know how to act. I was still starring at her and I just slightly nodded in agreement. I closed my lap-top and got up. 

-------

The car ride was pretty quiet but that was to be expected. Nat pulled in to In n' out and I quietly told her to park. She looked at me in confusion but parked the car anyways. We walked in, still not saying a word. She pointed at a table and told me that should would order for the both of us and that I should just reserve the table. I did as she said and waited around 5 minutes for her to join me on the opposite side of the table. 

"So, what do you want to talk about today to keep your mind off of work?"

"I don't know. " I said honestly.

"okey, hoy about this.Lately I've realized that with how busy you are, you haven't had time to think about relationships, love or anything really. You used to point girls out to me and Jason from time to time but now it's like you don't even have time to take notice. I think it would be a good idea for you to loosen up a little bit and maybe even go on a date or two. I mean you have bumble."

"I don't know Nat." I said. I really agreed with what she was saying and maybe that might help me relieve some stress from time to time or have something else to think about but in my mind that was either another distraction, or more work that took up sleeping time.

"Well, how have things been between you and Liza?" I looked up at her because I hadn't head that name since halloween and it intrigued me.

"I don't know. I feel like when with broke things off, we both thought that after a few months, everything would go back to the way it was but now, after two years, I honestly can't see her in my future. The last time I saw here was at a halloween party and we said that we would meet up but we never did. I mean, I'm not saying that in a years time we may start hanging out again and end up together because she is still a really good friends of mine but I just don't see her that way anymore."

"Yeah I get it. So, have you noticed anyone recently?"

"No. I feel like my mind thinks of it as something that takes up valuable time away from my job and right now I don't really think about it. Although I know that it would be good for me to get a distraction."

"I agree David. Although, its scary to think that we are growing up and some of our frineds ae even pushing thirty, and getting to that age where the next stage is a family. I mean, look at erin, or Heath even. Even Matt has a girlfriend now. I mean, you and I are younger than the rest but it is scary to think how time flies."

"I know. Hey, how about you and Shawn or Ilya. Have you thought about it since last year?"

"Honestly, no. I think Shawn and I were just not meant to be. We were in two very different points of our lives and it didn't even end on a good note. I haven't thought about it in 6 months or so. As for Ilya, I really love him as a friend. I love when he comes to LA or we meet up with him in Chicago but I feel like he's too immature for me right now. I even think that you're too imature for me sometimes."

"Oh, so you still like me? I thought that was long gone" I said grinning.

"I don't know, I've tried to forget it and I think I have." she said while blushing.

"Okey, but there is no way you would end up with Ilya?"

"Not right now, but I do know Ilya and I know that if he were to get in to a serious relationship, he would be the best man ever and treat you right. So i'm not saying no because who knows in a few years time but not for the moment."

I was content with that answer although it did leave me thinking about us. Everyone would ship Natalie and I and even she used to want it to happen but not anymore? It made me feel a little sad but I just brushed it off. Suddenly I saw the screen on my phone turn on and I looked at it. I had received a notification from Jason. I looked over at the time and realised that we were supposed to be meeting them at home now so I quickly said "Hey, I think they are waiting for us. We should go"

"Yeah okey" and we quickly left.