10

Nat's POV:

I woke up to the sounds of light snoring which I recognised as David's but I was confused because I was supposed to be in my house and him in his. I then head faint talking from outside the room but it was no one in my family. My eyes started to open slightly and slowly I recognised where I was but not how I got there. This was the room were David and I had spent so many endless afternoons and nights as kids and teenagers but I hadn't been back since. Everything about waking up in this room felt familiar. I shifted slightly in the bed and realised that I couldn't fully turn around because there was the source of the light snores, David, under the blankets. Unconsciously, a smile crept up on my face. The feeling of waking up next to David was so fulfilling, it made me want to do it everyday.

I started to wonder what I was doing at David's when I started to remember the events of last night. I had fallen asleep in the cab and we had gotten to David's. He woke me up with a kiss on my cheek which I will cherish forever and then practically carried me to his room where I fell asleep once again. However, I didn't know why he hadn't taken me to my house. I thought that is what we had agreed on last night. I wasn't disappointed on waking up next to David, much the opposite actually, but I was confused.

I reached my hand out for under the covers and placed it on his shoulder where I gently shook him until he hummed to show that he was awake. I called his name "Dave" and he answered something along the lines of "Mhmhn" which I took as a 'what?'.

"David" I called once again and this time he turned still with his eyes closed. As he did so, I noticed a sudden coldness on my legs where his legs had been intertwined with his. I hadn't realised until now but it felt good. We really had started to show physical attraction and I liked it. He was now facing me and I said "Dave, what am I doing in your bed in Vernon Hills? I thought I was going home?"

He started to open his eyes and looked in to mine. He had a smile just as big as mine plastered on his face. "Yeah, I thought so too, but you were too tired and wouldn't wake up when we got to your house and the cab driver was getting impatient so I decided to take you to mi house so I would have more time to wake you up. Although, it wasn't much help because you literals didn't move until..." he suddenly stopped dead win his tracks but I knew exactly just what he was going to say so I continued for him "you kissed my cheek". We both blushed and he said "Um,... yea... sorry about that"

I didn't understand why he was sorry, I felt like a princess being woken up but the kiss of a prince. "hey, don't end worry about it. If it's the only thing that woke me up then I guess you had to do what you had to do. Thanks by the way".

"So, have you told anyone that I'm here or... Are we waiting for them to barge in and think that there is something going on?" I asked and he laughed back

"Well, no. No one knows you're here because we got in so late last night but I think you should text you're mom that you are here and you are ok because she will want to kill me if not."

"Right" I said while reaching for my phone to text her

"Um... do you want to get up or do you want to go back to sleep? Or maybe food?"

"Ugh, I want food but I also want to just stay in bed and you know...." I said while blushing "cuddle maybe?" I instantly regretted being so forward.

"Come here" he said while opening his arms. I closed the already small gap between the two of us and he wrapped his arms around me and I rested on his chest.

"This seems a little familiar" I said referring to last night

"Yeah" he just responded in content. "Hey, I'll get my mom to cook us something and bring it up. She'll be so excited to see you". I knew this would be true because his mother treated me like a second daughter so I was comfortable enough to agree to this. I nodded in agreement and he took his phone to text his mom. Not even 3 seconds later she was knocking on the door and walked straight in not even caring about the fact that we were cuddled up. "Natalie!" she shouted and I immediately removed myself from in between David's arms and sat up to hug her. David just looked at me with a face of 'I told you so' because his mother had greeted me before her own son. She then proceeded to hug David and I laid back down on the bed. We retrieved our original position but she was too excited to notice.