17

Nat's POV:

Whatever me and Dave had was casual. I loved it. We had only been "dating" for a week but I enjoyed how casual it was. he didn't make a grand gesture for me, instead, it had been a mutual decision. We were so open with one another and honest. We had been friends for so long and the added confidence that the date-alie arrangement brought. It was just so nice to have. I loved that it was our little secret and there was not pressure on it. Also, I liked that we were taking it slow to make sure that our friendship wasn't affected as a result. I really enjoyed our time alone together but I also liked when we were around friends and we just pretended to be really close. It was nice to have someone like that. Honestly, I never thought I'd find someone but I think I have.

David's POV:

I was really enjoying my time with Natalie. I felt like the vlogs were much easier to make and I wasn't getting so mad at everyone else for not getting the perfect vlog bits. I loved just being cuddled up to her and enjoying how easy it was. I loved the simple transition and the mutual agreement that we had to start dating. I of course showed her my romantic side but I loved how simple it was and how happy we were.

most of our friends had found out about our lunches and I honestly don't blame them. I was more surprised that it had taken so long for them to find out. they were all happy that I was taking time off every week to take my mind off of the vlogs. However, they weren't aware of mine and natalie's relationship. I wanted it to stay that way as long as possible because I knew it would get more complicated and right now we were happy enjoying each other's company. We were yet to go on an actual date but just being with her made me really happy.

I noticed that Jason and a few others had started to notice our change it behaviour. We were much nicer to each other and no longer bickered. I also refrained from teasing her and insulting her as much as I did with the rest of my friends. I guessed it was bound to happen because its not like we were really trying to hide it. Sometimes, we did play fight a little which led us to throw ourselves one on top of the other and I guess that might have led some of my friends to be a little suspicious. Also, there were some occasions on the couch or in the bedroom when we were around all of our friends, we would accidentally start to cuddle or something which would of course earn us many weird and suspicious stares but no one had mentioned it.

For our first date tonight, I planned to take Nat to olive garden. I remember when we went to Olive garden for one of our unofficial dates so I wanted to reminisce on it. We were sitting at the restaurant enjoying the casual meal and we were having a great time. It felt so normal, just like a dinner with my best friend. We were talking about all that we've gone through in the few months of this year and how so far it had been the best year of both out lives.

The date didn't last long and as we were heading back in my car, I put my arm on her thigh which was new. I enjoyed it and she didn't pull away, instead, she put her hand on top of mine and she looked over and smiled as I did too. We sat in a comfortable silence as we enjoyed each other's presence.

Once we arrived home, I got out the car and went around it to open her door. I helped her out and I took her hand which she accepted with a smile. We walked in to the house and sat on the sofa like usual. I proposed to watch a movie and she agreed. She leaned her head on my chest and I wrapped my arms around her to hold her close. She looked up at me in satisfaction with a smile. In that moment, I felt so content and there was only one thing missing. Her face inches away from mine and slowly getting closer.

"Ca....can I?" I asked her referring to the kiss. I wanted to make sure she was comfortable.

Rather than responding, she closed the already small gap between us and kissed me. I hesitated a little because I was stunned but I kissed back. It was a short kiss. I had been waiting so long for this to happen but at this moment, this short and sweet kiss was enough. We taking things slow and I felt like it was the right thing to do.

She turned her head back so that it was rested on my chest and I hugged her again. We watched a movie that she chose but she fell asleep half way through. I took her to my bed and got in with her. That night I was the happiest I have ever been.