32

Natlaie's POV

The next day we had all of our friends over at the house and we planned a pool party to celebrate. It was nice to go back to the normal routine of not having to hide anything from your friends and family and just having a relaxing day at the house with all of our friends. Later on at night, we are both in bed, David was editing the new vlog with all of the bits from he last few months. luckily we had already started the video and every time he filmed something he would add it on making it easier this time round. I leaned my head on his shoulder and watched him edit for a while. I was so calming and it made me so happy to see all of our friends reactions. I really felt like part of his family now. My eyes were starting to feel heavy after a while and eventually I fell asleep leaned in to him.

The next morning we both woke up with a new level of happiness. I kissed him good morning and got up to make a cup of coffee. Once he joined me in the kitchen ready for the day I reminded him that my mom was coming to stay with us this week. I was really excited because we hadn't told anyone in my family yet and I felt so close with my mom. Some people said that we were opposites but others said that we are like twins and honestly I agree with the twin thing. We have the same sort of personality except she's a little more outgoing. I'm only outgoing when I'm in a close group of people that I know, otherwise I'm usually the shy type.

My mom had been over quite a bit this year. She lives in a caravan and has been enjoying the west coast the last few months. Some of my friends had even grown close to her specially Jason as he enjoyed having someone closer to his age but still with the same comical and laid off mentality that he has.

David has grown accustomed to having her here as well. It sort of brings back all those memories from when we were young, living in the suburbs of Chicago. She was also fun to have around. She understands out banter and jokes and she even joins in. We were both particularly excited to to tell her and it was the last missing piece of the reactions to the video. She was bound to give one of the best reactions and specially for me, I felt like we have come so close in these few months that she's been around and I just wanted to know that she is happy for me and David.

We had a meeting early in the morning and when they left around 12, we laid around on the sofa waiting for my mom's arrival. She was supposed to get in at around 2 in the afternoon and that gave me just enough time to go around and tidy up the few things left over from the party yesterday and for her arrival.

A couple hours later and the plan was set in motion. My mom had texted me that she was pulling up the drive. I texted back telling her to come in and join us on the podcast. I told her that we were filming this one because we wanted to get back to posting the video version on youtube but the reality was that David just wanted to film her reaction.

She walked thought the door and we were about to start so I called her over greeting her quickly and she sat on the couch next to me. On my other side was David leaning agains the side of the couch.

"Welcome back to viewsss" David started "I'm here with Jason, Nat's mom and of course my beautiful wife Nat" he said and me and Jason couldn't contain our laughter. As a result, my mom thought that he was kidding when he said that so she spoke in to the mic and said "and he is my son in law" and did a fake laugh. We all sort of laughed but then I finally said with a straight face "what's so funny about that?". Now she looked at me like something was wrong. "what do you mean?" she said not understanding completely"

well, I just don't understand what's so funny about the fact that I'm his wife and you're his mother in law?" I questioned again pretending to be a little mad

"well... uhh" I noticed she was at a loss for words

"well, I thought it was a joke like the usual Datalie clickbait thing like pretending you guys were married?"

Date-alieOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara