2

part 2:

Nat pov:

It was now officially 2020 and so far, it was a good one. We had started the day off with all of our friends having the best time, celebrating this new year, with confetti. However, it was now the morning after the little nights sleep. The house was a complete tip, although it would have been much worse if it hadn't been for Taylor and her vacuum throughout the party. I had woken up at midday and made myself some coffee and took an aspirin to ease the headache and then took a bag to start cleaning the mess. David was still sleeping in his room and I didn't expect him to come out until at least 2pm because he rally needed the sleep after the party last night. 

Cleaning up was tacking ages but slowly the mess was decreasing. The living room was completely clean now and all the glass that had shattered was now gone. The majority of the mess was now in the kitchen with the floor sticky from all the alcohol. I was getting tired and hungry and I was considering taking a break so I turned my head to look at the time on the oven clock when I saw that it was 2:16 already. I thought that David must be up or about to get up and I was guessing that he would be hungry as well. I quickly finished moping the floor around the kitchen counter and propped it up against the counter. I then walked to David's room and knocked on his door. I instantly head "Yeah?" which told me that he was already awake. I turned the handle and slowly stepped in his room. He looked up to me and I said "Hey, how are you feeling after last night?"

"I think I really needed that sleep. I was so tired"

"Yeah I guessed"

"How long have you been up?"

"Uhhh.. about two hours, I was cleaning the house because after last night."

"Oh... yeah. How bad is it?"

"Well, it's not that bad anymore. I will have to call the carpenter to put the shelf back up and buy new bulbs but apart form that, it's not that bad"

"Great. Thank god."

"Hey, u hungry?" I was thinking of ordering some food and taking a small break from cleaning"

"Yeah, I'm starving, but how about we go out today to the actual restaurant. you know, like have some time off. I think we both need it to start this new year."

"Yeah, I agree"

"Ok, well... give me ten minutes. I take a shower and get dressed and we'll go"

"Yeah, ok"

I turned around and walked back out his room, making sure to close the door behind me. 

Time skip

------------

Twenty minutes later we were out the door and sat in the Tesla on our way to Chipotle. We were having a conversation like any other and we didn't want it to end so, as we approached the restaurant, he said "hey, do you want to go to the drive through instead so that we don't have to get out of the car?"

"yeah sure"

The conversation kept going and as soon as we got our food, he pulled up to the car park to eat.

" I honestly can't believe that zane broke the bulbs again, how many times is it now?" He said and we both just laughed. 

"I have no idea. I thinking of making them plastic so they won't break every month" and we both laughed again.

We were there for a good 45 more minutes although it only really took us 20 minutes to finish all the food. We had been talking for so long that we had lost track of time. Suddenly, David's phone pinged and he reached over to grab it and said "Jason, asking about what we are doing today"

"Oh, okey"

"Yeah, I think I'm going to tell him to take the day off"

As we were about to get back to the conversation, David glanced at the time and said, we should get going and I agreed. It was almost 4 and we were still in the parking lot. As we were on our way home I said "I really enjoyed this"

"Yeah I bet you did, time with just me and you alone" he teased me and I blushed and slightly punched his arm.

"No!, you know what I mean. I enjoyed the time of me and you alone because it reminds me of old times when we were back in high school."

"yeah, I know, I enjoyed it too."

"I love that we were laughing about the dumbest things. We haven't done something like this in a long time and I think that it was good for us to just leave the work stuff behind you know?"

"yeah. I think we should do this more often like once a week, we call it and we agree to go out for food and not talk about work you know to have a break."

"I agree. But then it should have a name and when we call it, we have to stop and leave."

"Okey. But I don't think that we should tell the others cause they will want to join and then it wouldn't be a break from work."

"Okey, I agree" as I was saying that, we pulled up back home.

As we were getting out of the car, I felt a warm feeling in my heart that I hadn't felt in a long tie.

David pov: Stepping out of the car, I felt a warm feeling in my heart that I hadn't felt in a long time and I knew that these lunches would be good for the both of us.