7

Nat's POV:

"Regg, when are you coming out to LA again? We all miss you here"

"I know bitch, I wanna go so baaaaad!!. I swear I'll go next month sometime"

"Yessss, I can't wait." I suddenly hear david call out in his usual fashion

"Natalie, are you ready to go?" he called out. Reggie looked at me confused and said.

"where are you guys going"

"Um, not sure. One sec" I took some breath and I yelled "Dave, what do you mean?" and he responded

"Date-alie!"

"Oh, okey, I'll be out in 5 minutes!!"

"So? where are you going?"

"Well I don't know where but its just this thing that we agreed to do once a week to keep our minds off of work and so far we've kept the promise, lets just hope it lasts"

"Oh, so like a secretive date between the two of you"

"No, it's nothing like a date, its just a meal for one hour plus we only ever go to fast food chains."

"Nat, you know as you best friend, I remember the big fat crush you have for him. How's that going?"

"Shut up. I told him last week that I was trying to forget about it he did seem surprised that I felt that way which sort of told me that he totally forgot about me in that sense."

"Ohh, come on Nat, he was just surprised because he probably thinks the same way bout you and he didn't think you did anymore. He's so ozbvlibious to that sort of thing"

"Ugh, I don't know Regg. Also, I have to go"

"Okey, but make sure to tell me everything when you come back. I want all the updates. And, you know, it doesn't hurt to flirt from time to time. Just subtly try it out..." I cut him off before he could say anything else while rolling my eyes

"Byeeeee"

"Bye"

————

David's POV:

After the chat to Jason, I decided to take Nat to a place other than fast food so I chose olive garden because it was quick and easy and I knew we both liked it but it was also better quality. I just wanted it to feel a little more like an actual date but not too obvious. We arrive and were sat down instantly. We had a booth for ourselves so it had a little more privacy which I liked.

"Hey, I feel sort of bad that we told Jason, I mean we agreed that we wouldn't tell anyone" I said

"Dave, don't worry, I think he understand that we want the privacy and to he honest, I told Reggie about them too."

"yeah, but he isn't here so he's not going to interrupt them or anything, plus I don't think he would ever make fun of us for it"

"Yeah I guess. Although, hw did say something weird, about what these date things really meant" She suddenly seemed a little shy about continuing with what she was saying.

"Wait really? Jason was talking to me about the same thing. When you went to take a shower the other day, he asked what we were talking about on these so I told him about out talk about liza and shawn and stuff and he asked if maybe these dates mean more than we think"

"Do you think they do?"

"Well, I think that they are exactly what we set them out to be and nothing more but maybe you feel different"

"No, no, I agree. You and I are just friends. Best friends. But can always depend on me to be there if you need anything"

"Yeah, same goes for me. although I do think its weird that they both said the same thing. Do you think that they are maybe plotting agains us?"

"Oh my god, Imagine Regg and Jason plotting for us to be together" and we both laughed at her comment.

Thought the meal I did notice her to be the slightest bit nicer to me than usual and I kind of went along with it. I also liked the fact that we weren't bickering all the time and we were just enjoying our time alone together. Maybe I wasn't being entirely truthful with myself and everyone else when I said that she was nothing more than just a friend.

——————

Nat's POV:

As soon as we got home I called Regg

"So, how'd it go?" he said

"well, I did as you told me and I think that he returned the favour by being ice and the tinniest bit flirtatious back. I sort of liked it"

"Yay!!!"

I was blushing like crazy but I contunued. "Although, we both talked about what you had told me and how Jason had said the same thing and we both agreed that we were just friends so. I don't know"

"Come on Nat"

"Uhggg, this is so hardddd!!!"

"Okey Nat, I gotta go but just, keep using your charm. It definitely seems to be working"

"Okey by Reggie".

We hung up and I stayed up almost the whole night thinking about it.