11

Nat's POV:

On our way back, Dave dropped me off at my house but it wasn't very late so I suggested he come in and say hi to the rest of my family because he hadn't seen them yet. He was hesitant at first but I managed to convince him with a pouty smile. Once again, he went around the car to open my door and helped me out with his hand which he didn't take away from mine until we reached the door. This time my dad opened the door and first greeted me and then went on to shout "David" in surprise and happiness at the same time. He then pulled him in for a hug and we walked in. My mom was in the kitchen finishing clearing up their dinner while my sisters were on the couch watching TV. As soon as they heard my dad, they both turned to look at what the commotion was all about. As soon as they realised that David was here, they immediately stopped the move they were watching and approached us to politely greet David. In reality, my sisters are huge fans of him and many of the time they just wish we would date so that they could say that they were in the same family. But whenever they saw him, they pretended to be my little sisters who are completely uninterested in him or any of the youtube community. However, David was well aware of their ship and many times he made fun of it by saying that the only reason I used to have a crush on him was because I waned the attention and to have someone famous in my family. This was obviously not true because I was barely in any of the videos at the beginning purely because I didn't want the attention.

My Dad closed the door behind us and we all went to the living room area as my sisters proceeded to watch their movie. David sat on the empty sofa and I sat right next to him. Maybe even a little too close because it didn't take my mom two seconds to call me over with a raised eyebrow as if asking if I had anything to tell her. I joined her in the kitchen but she not so subtly took me in to my room and closed the door. She sat me on the bed and didn't even give em time to ask what we were doing when she asked "okey, now I'm being serious and I want you to be honest. What it going on with you and David?"

"What do you mean?"

"Natalina, I am your mother, I can tell there is something going on"

"I swear, we are just friends" Even saying that hurt me on the inside, knowing that I was lying to her and myself but also because I wanted to be so much more but I couldn't admit it to my mother until there was something official.

Meanwhile:

David's POV:

Natalie's dad had been looking at me for the past minute as if thinking what he was going to ask me until he finally said "Hey, what do you say we go for a walk?" I was caught a little off guard but I accepted seeing as he was almost like my third dad, the second being Jason of course. We left the house without anyone really taking notice and we started to walk around the block. He started out by asking me how LA was going for me and the company and when I told him that it was going better than ever, he was glad because he obviously wants his daughter to have a successful life. He then proceeded to ask me about the future and if I had any plans for after closing which I sincerely denied. I told him that I didn't know when or if this would end because its so unpredictable. He seemed to like the honesty in my answer because he agreed with me that now a day it was so hard to know what the future was like for these kinds of social media jobs because they were so new. I just added "I just hope it lasts for a long time because I don't think I have ever been as happy as I am right now".

"Yeah, I hope so too because I can just see how happy this lifestyle makes Nat. When she first told us that she wanted to move out to LA with you I was not really for it because I didn't really know how it would work out but I guess having you there and knowing that you would take care of her no matter what was what helped me decided"

"Yeah, I would always make sure that nothing happened to her" I chimed in.

"That is precisely why I hope that this can last because I really think that Nat has come out of her shell thanks to you and all of your friends over there. Also, I love to see her so happy and I don't think I've ever seen her as happy as when she is around you"

"Thank you, honestly" I said while I noticed my cheeks heating up.

"So, have the two of you ever thought about anything more, you know, you are getting older and its getting to that age where all of your friends start o find someone"

"I know, specially because our friends are a little older than us. It's so scary to see how fast it goes. I have started to think about it since the beginning of the year but our life is just so hectic right now. If I were to find someone they would have to be either close to us in the sense that they could come along to press and meetings and stuff. but also that just really understood my work you know"

"Yeah, I get it, but that sounds really specific. Are you sure there is nothing going on between the two of you?"

"No, no" I assured him but he didn't seem too convinced "She does fit the profile that I described and I really care for her and she does for me its just..." I couldn't seem to find and answer to follow. He stood there waiting for me to continue but eventually realised that nothing was coming.

"Well, I just want you to know that if anything were to happen between the two of you, I would totally approve. I know that you are crazy but honestly, you are a good kid and have helped Nat through so much. As much as I'm sure she has helped you. I just really think that you two would be a great fit and I approve"

"Thanks" I said as we approached the front of the house once again. I loved hearing that coming from Nat's dad. It was so reassuring.

We walked back in the house and Natalie looked at me with a puzzling look wanting to know what we had talked about. I just smiled at her in reassurance and said goodbye to everyone. As I approached Natalie, rather than giving her a hug like the rest, I decided to be a little more bold and give her another kiss on the cheek. As soon as I walked out the door I received a text from nat saying : 'what was that for?' which I just replied with a cheeky emoji.