Chapter 4

You awoke in someone else's bed. You knew this because the bed you were currently in was actually comfortable. You sat up, wondering where you were exactly. You remembered meeting that Bruno guy, and going to wherever he lived, but, you don't remember going home, or going into someone else's bed for that matter. You decided to get out of bed, and check things out for yourself. You walked out of the room you had been in, and walked down the stairs of Bruno's house. 

You had a confused expression on your face without knowing it, and you walked into the living room where you saw Narancia sitting on the couch. "Hey (Y/n)!... Uh, you okay?" he asked, looking at your face. "Yeah.. Why?" you asked, even more confused than before. "You just have this weird look on your face, that's all," he said, still looking at you. Your confused expression went away, your eyebrows raising. "I do? I didn't notice," you said, putting a hand on your cheek. He chuckled. "It's okay. Hey! Are you hungry? We made pancakes!" he exclaimed excitedly, getting up from his spot on the couch. 

After he mentioned the word "pancakes", your stomach started to grumble, leaving an empty feeling in it. "Ah.. I-I am pretty hungry, to be h-honest," you replied, a shy smile on your face. Narancia walked over to you, and grabbed your wrist, making your face turn red. "Come on then! Let's go eat some pancakes!" he said, leading you into their kitchen. You saw everyone sitting at a table, talking and eating their breakfast. Bruno smiled warmly as he saw you walk into the room, which made you feel weird, but not in a bad way. 

He soon looked at Narancia, who was still holding your wrist, and gave him what you thought was a glare. Narancia let go of your wrist, letting out a nervous chuckle while rubbing the back of his neck. Bruno then turned his attention back to you. "Good morning (Y/n). Would you like some breakfast? I saved you some just in case," he said. You thought it was nice of him to save some pancakes for you, and you smiled. "Y-yes please... Thank y-you," you said, looking at the ground. "No problem," Bruno said, getting out of his chair.

He walked over to a plate that had a stack of three pancakes on it. "Let's see.. Do you want me to heat it up (Y/n)? They might've gotten cold," he said, turning to you. You nodded, and he picked up the plate and put it in a microwave. He pressed the thirty second button, and stood by the microwave while waiting for the pancakes to heat up. "So, did you sleep well last night?" Bruno asked, a soft expression on his face. You nodded. "Best sleep I've had in a while, a-actually..," you said, smiling weakly. "Good. I'm glad about that," he replied. 

Soon the microwave beeped, and he took out the pancakes. He walked over to you and handed you your plate. Everyone else had already finished their breakfast, and had gone to do other things. Even Bruno was done, but he stayed and chatted with you at the table so you wouldn't be lonely. "(Y/n), I know we just met, but I've started to wonder, just out of curiosity, what kind of place to do you live in?" Bruno asked, resting his chin on his hand. You quietly gulped. You really didn't feel like talking about that dump you had to live in. 

"Well.. My place definitely doesn't l-look as good as y-yours," you said. "Really? I'm sure your probably just exaggerating. If anything, I bet your house looks better than this," he said, referring to the place you were in now. "You'd probably be saying different if you actually went there," you mumbled under your breath. "Are you okay?" Bruno asked, putting one of his hands on top of yours, your face turning beet red. "Y-yeah, I just... I remembered that I have to get to work!" you exclaimed, getting up suddenly. It was true, you had forgotten about work until this very moment, but you still had time to get dressed. 

"Oh, okay then. I hope you have a good day!" Bruno said, smiling at you. You chuckled nervously before running back up the stairs, and into the room you had been sleeping in. You quickly put on the clothes you were wearing yesterday, since you didn't have anything else, and ran down the stairs. "Where're you going, (Y/n)?" Mista asked as he looked at you from his spot on the couch. "I-I have to get to w-work," you said, your hand still resting on the front doorknob. "You're gonna come back though, right?" Narancia asked, butting into the conversation. You thought for a minute.