Chapter 8

You reluctantly awoke from your peaceful slumber in your new bed. You sighed. "Just ten more minutes," you whispered to yourself. You snuggled up to your pillow, and tried to fall back asleep, but couldn't seem to. This didn't bother you though, so you decided to just lay in bed, still hoping to fall asleep. Just then, there came a knock on your door. "Come in," you said with a sigh. Your door opened slowly, to reveal Giorno on the other side, carrying a tray in hand. The tray had some french toast on it, syrup and powdered sugar on top, with a cup of coffee to go along with it.

"Good morning, (Y/n)," Giorno said softly. "'Morning, Giorno," you replied, turning your attention to the tray. "Ah, Bucciarati wanted me to bring this to you," Giorno said, walking over to you with the tray. "O-oh! Wow, um.. Y-you didn't have to, I would've come down sooner or later!" you stated, feeling guilty for deciding not to go downstairs after waking up. "It's no trouble really, and Bucciarati seemed like he really wanted me to do this for him," Giorno replied. He carefully set the tray down on your nightstand, and prepared to leave the room. "Thank you, Giorno.. And tell B-Bruno I said thank you as well," you told him as he left the room. He nodded, and shut the door, leaving you all by yourself. 

You stared at the tray for a moment before picking it up. You set it down in front of you, and picked up the fork and knife that were beside the plate. You slowly cut a piece of french toast, put some extra syrup on it, and at the piece. Your eyes went wide, and your mouth started to water. "This is.. really good," you said to yourself, cutting another piece. You ate it, and immediately cut another piece, eating that one. You repeated this process until you had eaten all of the french toast that was on your plate, frowning when you had no more. You decided to drink the coffee that was given to you. You carefully picked up the mug so you wouldn't spill any coffee on yourself. You took a small sip, and smiled. "Even this coffee is perfect. The right amount of sugar... and creamer, and everything!" you said aloud, taking another sip.

"Hey Ms. Gordon Ramsay," someone said, standing at your door. You nearly spit out your coffee because you were so startled. You looked up with wide eyes to see Mista standing at your door, laughing at your reaction of his arrival. You shot him a small glare before sighing. "You scared me!" you exclaimed, getting ready to throw a pillow at him. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I just.. Pffthahahaha!" he said, rolling on the floor, laughing once again. "It wasn't even that funny," you mumbled, throwing your pillow. He made a small "Oof," sound as the pillow hit his face. "Okay, okay! Point taken!" he exclaimed, throwing his arms up in defense as he got up. 

"Okay..," you replied, crossing your arms. He looked at you before saying, "When are you going to get put of bed? We wanna go see a movie today!" You were confused. "Right now?" you asked, wondering why they would want to see a movie so early in the morning. You quickly pulled out your uniform, since you actually had one, and shoved Mista out of your room, locking your door. You quickly put on your clothes and apron, and rushed out of your door. You ran down the stairs, afraid that you would be late for work. "Hey (Y/-)," Narancia didn't have a chance to finish his sentence before you butted in. "Sorry guys, but I have to go!" you exclaimed, running for the front door. Bye (Y/n)!" everyone, not Abbacchio, said before you quickly ran out of the door.

~~~

You arrived at your job, panting. "H-hey guys... Sorry i'm... late," you said in between breaths, giving everyone a weak wave. Everyone quickly ran over to you, huddling around you. "Holy crap (Y/n)! Are you okay?" "We heard what happened with you and Ava!" "Don't be sorry!" "I hope you're alright!" "You're not late!" All these statements were filling your ears at once, making you unable to answer anyone. "Ava's not gonna get her paycheck this month because of what she did!" someone exclaimed. You didn't reply, but deep down, you were really happy to hear that. "There's a birthday party scheduled for today, and the boss wants you to help out!" someone told you. You smiled at this. You really did enjoy helping out at children's parties. It almost kind of gave you your own chance to be somewhat of a kid again.