𝟎𝟏𝟗. 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙸𝙽𝚅𝙸𝚃𝙰𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽
┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

camila walked downstairs, being greeted by her mother, father, and brother. the two men of the house sat at the island watching 'jefa', as her father would call her, prepare dinner.

camila kissed both her father and brother on the cheek, then proceeded to greet her mother with a kiss on the cheek as well. grabbing a knife to help her mom chop up the vegetables, she sat down at the island in front of her brother and father.

"so i have something to tell you guys." camila announced, swallowing the lump in her throat. she was finally going to tell her parents about alvaro, it was the day before christmas eve and she wanted them to meet him. she also received an invitation from his family to spend christmas eve with them as well.

however, she didn't know how her parents would feel about her spending a holiday with a family that was not theirs. camila has never done anything like that, not even with her most recent ex.

what she did know is that if her parents were going to allow her to spend christmas eve with a family that wasn't their own, they'd want to meet the boy behind the invitation. she would have no choice but to tell them about alvaro, especially if she really wanted to see him tomorrow.

"go ahead." her mother said, wiping her hands on a paper towel and turning her full attention to her daughter. all eyes were on camila, she was nervous.

elias had an idea on what camila was going to announce, he figured to ease camilas nerves, he'd make an announcement after her.

"so about a month and a half ago, i met this guy." camila began. she watched her father put his head into his hands, rubbing his temples. elias wanted to laugh. "he's a great guy, we've been talking for about a month now. a few days ago, he asked me out and i said yes. i really really want you guys to meet him, i promise he's sweet and he has manners and.." camila rambled on and on until her father cut her off.

"elias, what do you think?" he simply asked, the attention being shifted to him, then to elias. camila looked at elias knowing nothing can go wrong. their father expected elias to say no, but elias met alvaro and he believed his parents needed to meet alvaro as well.

"i think.. i think he should come over, and you guys can meet him tomorrow. alvaro is a great guy and.." elias was cut off by his father.

"you've met him already? how long have you known? why didn't you tell me?" a series of questions erupted from camilas and elias' father.

"pa, i respect you to the max, but camila is at that point of age where i need to respect her privacy now." elias defended himself.

"is tomorrow okay? we can have dinner, you know? pozole, menudo, arroz, frijoles, tamales, enchiladas!" her mother was getting excited.

camilas and elias' father looked at his wife and sighed, shocking the entire family with his proposition.

"the family will be over anyways, it would be a great time to introduce him." her father added. he wasn't too happy about camila having a boyfriend, but sooner or later he had to realize that she was getting older and she would date no matter what he said.

camila was in disbelief. she didn't think her mother would throw the offer out like that, let alone her father add on to the offer. elias was just as shocked.