6|The Hot Seat

Watching Cyrene and the other girls leave out of the driveway was tough

I'm clueless on how to get through to her. She won't talk to me, see me or have anything to do with me.

The last four days were hell and I'm not interested in a week turning into months then years.

"A3, I thought you said you weren't coming?" Amina asked, walking around to where we were, holding Tron. Her Godson.

He sucked his teeth. "Rai dragged my ass down here. After Mike told her what happened."

"My fault," I apologized to A3 while getting Tron.

"Don't sweat it. I was in the hot seat before." He dapped me up while holding Lil Dri Dri in his arms. "Now, since I'm here, I need to know what happened after I got off the phone with you."

I looked around, getting comfortable so they could all hear this. I took a seat next to Amina. We were all down in Mikes's basement.

"KJ, could you take the twins upstairs? We need the room." Mike asked, and KJ agreed.

Natalie you too, go with KJ." Chance told his daughter, she stood and left the room with them.

I was gearing myself up to get grilled.

Here we go.

The moment they cleared out, Mike pointed at me, "take one."

"This ain't a movie." I made sure Tron was comfortable in my arms. He was on his way to sleep.

"Got us over here starring in Daddy Daycare, the oops you cheated so we're all in the dawg house edition." Mike felt the need to say.

"Anyway, I'm not even sure how much I want to say." I expressed, knowing I could possibly make matters worse by over-sharing, especially if Cyrene didn't say all of what happened.

"But to be clear, you cheated?" Amina added.

I sighed, nodding my head. "Yeah," I glanced at A3 then said, "with a girl named Ana.