10|Carpet Time

"Get up and get it together, girl

"Get up and get it together, girl." I coached my self as I laid in my little corner spot of this condo.

I made myself a little fluffy pallet by the window that kept me comfortable throughout the nights.

Just a few more minutes.

"Cyrene, if you don't get up now, you'll be dragging all day." I battled with myself.

I've been in Rai's colleague's condo for a little over three months now.

I started a month to month leasing agreement since the owner won't be back until the end of the year. It's now July.

Rolling off my makeshift bed in one of the corners of the spare room, I felt my phone vibrate. After yawning while glancing at the amazing view of the city, I answered. "Hey sissy."

"Whatchu' up to?" Celeste replied while shifting around. She's back home in Kenya.

"I'm just getting up. I have a few errands to run after I head over to the little school to have carpet reading with your nephew. I'm signing him out early today for his eight-month-old celebration."

"I miss him," she whined. "You doing anything special for him?"

"Cupcakes and balloons. Leah's bringing the twins and Rita's bringing Natalie. The guys were talking about coming, but I don't really want all that." I mumbled the last part.

"You mean you don't want Troy to come?"

I sighed, getting up from the floor completely. "I just haven't seen him. We've managed to avoid each other for three months. I have Tron on my days, and he has him on his. We alternate getting him from his nursery school and dropping him off, all without seeing each other."

She quieted. This was something she learned to do over the past few months. She used to be filled with opinions, but now she tries to stay out of our business.

"I know you want to say something."

"I'm not butting into your relationship or lack thereof, anymore. Last time I did that, we were feuding. I'm not about to go down that road again." She made clear. "I love you too much, and it took you a long time to forgive me. So nope."