24| Picture Perfect!

"Mmm, it's the veins popping out that left arm for me

"Mmm, it's the veins popping out that left arm for me." Seated on the ottoman at the foot of our bed, I eyed Troy, gathering everything he needed for our big family photoshoot he scheduled for today.

This man has been spoiling me all week. Taking me on dates and just in general, spending time together.

Troy chuckled a little shaking his head, knowing I wanted to climb right back on top of him. "I'll see you later today, ok?" He bent down in front of me, planting sweet kisses on my lips. "Four o'clock. Don't be late."

Moments from last night flashed over me, causing me to cross my legs. Troy and I have had sex on many occasions. But last night babyyyyyy, was different —we were emotionally intertwined. Everything was just perfect, and from the sight of our bedroom, things got a little wild. I guess he missed this ol' thang.

Pulling him in for one more, voicing lowly, "I won't," as I kissed him repeatedly because I, for sure was going to miss him even if it was just for a few short hours.

"It's the soft lips for me," Troy called out before leaving. Mmm.

He left for work at his gym. He said he had a few clients today and needed to make sure everything was a go for the shoot.

"My, my, my." I wailed out, finally gaining the strength and willpower to get up. I needed to get my day started. Ten o'clock was near, and I had an appointment at the hair salon.

Everything I needed was on the bed ironed and pressed. We decided to go a little fancy with the theme—black and white suit and tie. And I can't wait to see my two handsome kings in their attire.

But before I made any moves today, I needed to nip something in the bud.

Gaining my seat back on the ottoman, I stared down at my phone. I gave the screen a few taps before scrolling down to Shawn's number and hit FaceTime.

"Hey Reney," he answered after moments of me debating hanging up. This call wasn't meant to be a difficult one, but it felt so. "Everything ok? It's been a week since we last spoke. How are you?"

It was unusual for us to go this long, not speaking because it's been nonstop since I left the hospital. "I'm good. You?" I awkwardly mustered up the courage to say.

"Talk to me. Why do you sound like that?" Shawn expressed genuine concern. "Why are you making this weird?" He laughed a little.

I needed to be upfront with him, but I didn't want to come off ungrateful. Because he has been rock solid and by my side throughout this entire transition in my life. "Shawn, I want to thank you for being there for me. You're one of the most caring people I know."

"However, I think we should put some distance between us." I went on, hoping he would understand.

"Yeah." He stretched out, giving me that sweet dimpled smile. "I think it's probably best we cut off these frequent calls. I don't want to disrespect you or your relationship at all."