14| Old Things

I waited around in the room until everyone was in bed before I snuck downstairs to retrieve my phone

Tiptoeing down the step, I eased my way, noticing all of the lights off. Running in the kitchen, I swiftly picked it up and headed  back.

All these damn stairs, I thought to myself, huffing along to the top.

Closing my room door behind me, I turned on the lamp and got back under the sheets. Tron was in a deep sleep across the room. His chubby self sprawled all over the crib.

I was still uneasy about earlier. The last thing I want is to create even more drama behind all of this. This distance was supposed to help me clear my head and make sound decisions for myself and my child.

Unlocking my phone, I went ahead and FaceTimed Troy, as promised. Even though Tronny's sleeping, he'll still be able to see little man.

It's better than not calling at all.

Staring at my reflection on my the phone while I waited, I quickly applied some gloss and smoothed down my hair before he answered.

"What up?" He semi yelled with his iPad propped on the coffee table while lying on the sofa in only basketball shorts

"What up?" He semi yelled with his iPad propped on the coffee table while lying on the sofa in only basketball shorts. Mmm.

"Why are you spread out on the chair like that? It's only six 'o clock there." I eyed my screen, mustering up a smile trying to be cute. He shook his head as a smile slowly appeared.

"Why are you posing? Trying to impress me or something? Your hair on one side, knowing damn well you usually tie it up." He chuckled. "You ain't fooling me, girl."

"Whatever." I giggled until the room fell silent.

The look on his face, one I almost missed, that he was trying to hide confirmed my thoughts. My dad hurt his feelings.

Being the person Troy is, that smile quickly reappeared, right before he thought of something silly to say. "You ain't gone check on me? See how I'm doing? I could've been here damn near dead."

He licked over his lips, cheesing. I playfully rolled my eyes.

"How are you, Troy?" I sarcastically asked. This boy.