13| Call Him

"Heyyy mama!" I yelled out the window as we pulled up to the house

"Heyyy mama!" I yelled out the window as we pulled up to the house. She waved, shaking her head at my loud mouth. We finally made it in. My baby boy had his first international trip!

I could kiss the ground right now. Traveling with a baby on an extended flight was scary as hell, but we made it and it wasn't bad at all.

The driver came to a complete stop, I pulled out my phone to text Troy, knowing he was worried.

6:47 PM
Me: We made it to my parents.

6:48 PM
Troy: Good, good. Thank you for letting me know. FaceTime me later tonight before he takes off? I know you have to get settled and everything.

6:48 PM
Me: Ok.

Staring at my phone I noticed the word bubble pop up, indicating he was typing, but as I waited, nothing else came through.

Gazing at it a second longer, I thought about what I left behind. The entire flight I felt I should turn back, but I knew in my heart this was what I was supposed to do for myself. I gave too much of myself to that man, only for him to cheat.

Even though it'll be hard getting the image of Troy back in Atlanta alone and sulking out of my head. This is something have to do.

"I still can't get over how big he is." Mama interrupted my thought by opening the door and reaching in to take Tron out of his car seat.

Cheerfully giggling, I beamed at the sight of her face lighting up.

"You had us worried. It's good to see your face, with your loudmouth." Mama smiled with her smooth melanated skin.

My sassy ways, smile, and beauty is all thanks to this woman, Theresa, everyone calls Mama Tessa. The matriarch and also pastor, alongside my dad. Both retired Real Estate Brokers, now pastors.

"I'm excited to be home." I got out and walked around to the trunk to get my bags.

"I'll get that. Stop trying to do my job, Cy." The family driver, Tim shooed me. He's been with us since before I was born.

"Sorry, T, it's a habit." I laughed, moving out of the way so he could get by.

"You're always trying to do it all." He chuckled, shaking his head, pulling my luggage out of the trunk. "Get out of the way, little girl."

"Excuse me then." I chuckled at his silly expression, waiting for me to move. "Thank you T," I added before getting out of the way.

"No prob, it's good to see you. I'm sure the rest of the staff is excited too." He loaded the bags on the trolly cart to push in the house.

"Same here, I can't wait to catch up with everybody and show off little man."

"He's adorable." Tim chuckled, seeing Tron knocked out in his grandmother's arms. We stood admiring him.