prologue//snippets

TEDDYBROWNZ just posted!

[ 1.3M likes, 23,098 comments]

TEDDYBROWNZ // I've written and rewritten this post about a hundred times by now no cap. I've always tried my best to keep certain aspects of my life between my family, friends and myself but that's just not entirely possible and I've seen enough lies spread about my relationship status these past few weeks. This is the only time I will address rumours circulating my private life and any speculation relating to Calum and I's previous engagement. I'm single. I'm okay or at least working on it. I appreciate all the support you've given us throughout our journey but I would now just really like to move on and put all energy into myself. I won't be posting on any socials for some time and all my accounts will be taken care of by my assistant to keep you updated on any campaigns I'm working on/designing for. Thank you so much for always loving and supporting on me and my work- Teddy //

user1 omfg she actually addressed it
user2 nooooo!! I was hoping the rumours weren't true smh
user3 GUyS she deleted the engagement pic jgkgkri

"So this is really happening huh?" asked Ash with his hands on his hips. We stood outside the vacant house and I sighed. "It's already happened" I patted his shoulder, followed by "now help me start carrying these boxes in before the movers get here with the van". The process was quick and within a few short hours, I was beginning to set up the finer details to make my new space look more homely. Ashton had left earlier with the pretence of grabbing us some food while I ordered people around different aspects of the place with furniture. Home sweet home, I thought to myself while organising the bookshelf in my bedroom. Before my thoughts could inevitably spiral into the dark place of bright smiles and the laugh emitting sunshine wrapped up in a person I could no longer afford to think about, Ash called my name from somewhere downstairs. "Finally" I groaned, grabbing the food and settling by the kitchen counter. "Soooo...any idea what the neighbours are like?" He prodded while munching, I made a face and answered "well the house on the left is vacant and I've heard some voices on the right side of the fence when I dropped by to check on the progress in the garden but I haven't had the chance to meet any of them yet." - "them?" "Yeah there were a few male voices, although they could've just had some people over" I shrugged. "Either way, I won't be around here much in the next few weeks to be bothered by their noise" I pointed out, thinking about the busy schedule I have signed myself up for following the break up. "Alright I'm going to head out so you can get some rest..." my closest friend said, I nodded while walking him to the door. We hugged and he paused slightly, "I know you don't like it when anyone mentions it..but look, I'm proud of you kid, I know the breakup hasn't been easy on you" He rubbed up and down my arms while rambling. "And I'm still convinced you are gonna explode one of these days cause you need to talk about this Teddy. You've packed up your life and moved to the other side of LA within the month and.." I interrupted his speech "this is my life now Ash, it wasn't up to me but I'm making it my own. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. Just... don't leave him alone right now, I need to only think about myself and knowing Calum might be spiralling isn't helping that" I rubbed my face in frustration. "I'm okay, I'll see you whenever I'm back from France and we can catch up" I continued and held out my pinkie with a slight smile. He only let out a breath and linked our fingers. "You are too strong for such a tiny person" he joked while I only laughed and pushed him further out the door. I don't have a choice, I thought to myself while locking up and making my way up the stairs of my new place.