xiiiv

// ZION \\

Sooo...staying away from Teddy has proven harder as time went on, not that I ever really tried. She's being around a lot more lately, mostly working from home and planning her trips for the summer. I've been playing fortnite while she's answered emails for the past hour, her legs comfortable in my lap as we stretch across her couch. A while ago she asked me if it scares me how quick we've become so dependent on each other. It seemed simple to me then, but I didn't consider what it meant for my misplaced crush, which has inevitably grown by the way. I'm talking like, tripled in size: I think you're adorable when you're choosing between sushi and ramen cause I secretly already know which one you're in the mood and your favourite is on its way, kind of size. I've stopped entertaining girls in my phone a few days ago, it seemed stupid forcing good but deep conversation when the best thing was a fence over. Nick told me I'm playing myself, whilst in the studio last night but I wasn't gonna listen to his single ass. Teddy's constant wriggling halters my train of thought. The girl stretched her back uncomfortably to which I leaned over, stealing the laptop despite voiced protests. Leaving it on the table, my arms wrapped around her shoulders and pulled her back to what we've deemed to be my side of the sofa, to lay across me. She sighed but other than that simply melted into me. "What are your plans for the summer?" her question interrupts the comfortable silence as she props her head up on my chest. I shrug "we're definitely going to try and release some songs, maybe an EP at one point. I'll probably go home and visit for a few days too. Why?". She's in deep thought for a while, adorable with the furrow between her brows, pouting subconsciously. "I wanna do a road trip" her idea makes me smile instantly. "Ash and I have been meaning to for a while" oh. "I'm messing with you, he's going to be in studio for the next few months. They want to release a new album next year" she adds. I poke her side, an expression of mock offence on my face. "I see how it is, I'm your second choice" I kiss my teeth. I feel her arms loop around me neck. "Nooo don't think of it like that, you weren't in the picture when these plans were initially brought up" teddy explains, smiling innocently. "So you're probably going to have a song written about you huh" I find myself adding on before my brain shuts my mouth for me in time. Fuck. "Won't be the first time." She shrugs nonchalantly and for a split second I pause. My breath shortens and my heart beats sporadically as I try to think of which one of the guys possibly couldn't keep their mouth shut. "I dated a band member for quite some time, remember" her continuation eases my worry and breathing. "Umm..right" my response is awkward and stuttered. "Want pancakes?" She's up and heading to the kitchen in time for myself to settle the rapid beating clawing at my chest in her direction. This road trip might just be my downfall.