xxxii

//ZION\\

"You wanna talk about what just happened?" Austin's voice snaps me back into reality. Still standing on the balcony, chest heaving after Teddy stormed out a few minutes earlier. "Everyone kind of heard you two" he clarifies when I fail to respond to his offer. I groan in frustration, rubbing my face as we both sit down. "I wanted to go public" I start. "Based on current events I'm guessing T didn't" the blonde attempts to joke, receiving a side glare in return. "That's putting it lightly, she buried that shit before I could even finish what I was saying" I shake my head, some residing anger arising to the surface. "Well, why do you want to so bad bro? I thought you two were happy as it is" he prods. "I don't want these guys thinking they stand a chance" "whether they know if she's single or not that won't stop some then trying, I don't think you've ever needed to worry about that shit, where's this all coming from?" My best friend interrupts me. I shrug, "they knew about her ex" I mutter in a last bitter attempt to get the blond on my side. "That's shit and you know it. They were together for years man, you two are great but it's only been a few months. Don't tell me you threw that petty shit in her face" he asks in mild amusement. I groan, hiding my face in my arms. "At the end of the day, there's only the two of you in that relationship" his words closely reflect what my girl pointed out a short while earlier. This time, I let myself process them before slowly nodding. "I'm so dumb" I moan, carting my fingers through the dreads in growing anxiousness. "Already knew that" he's up before I can get my hands on him. "Brandon went after her. You can sort this out when they're back" with that I'm dragged back into the house. Everyone's shuffling around the kitchen where we join them. The two girls present only shake their heads at me before we snap back into normality and Edwin, ever so the dad of the group, forces a plate in my hands, patting my back. "Cmon let's eat while we wait".

//TEDDY\\

Brandon and I strolled around the colourful streets in silence. The sun falling further down in the sky, painting a pink colour to compliment the view. "You've been kind of a god sent" my head snaps in the direction of the boy with glasses. "For Zion I mean. He's never been about anyone but his small circle of friends and family before" he continues. "I always thought he would be the last of us to mature enough to be serious about anyone and settle". I snort at that, "still has someone growing up to do apparently" my anger evident in those words. B shrugs "I don't know, you two are kind of my OTP you know" he bumps into me. "Yeah...mine too" I joke, tension lifting from my shoulders. "I don't want to make excuses for him, cause he's being an idiot for sure. I just think his intentions, especially with you are always good, his heart is in the right place for you guys" I ponder his words. "We're gonna have to work on his delivery" Brandon adds, throwing his arm around my shoulders to guide us back in the familiar direction. Here goes nothing.

By the time we have made it back to the Airbnb the sun has already gone down, dark surrounding the small building. The group pauses their conversation when we make it through the front door, "he's in your guys room" Ed offers, smiling reassuringly as I feel B push me lightly in the direction of the stairs. I find Zion within seconds, the dread headed boy sitting on the floor, his back against the bed post. "Going through a crisis?" My tone is light in an attempt to ease the lingering tension. His head snaps in my direction, tall legs straightening as he marches the few steps separating us with determination. Rough palms wrap around my neck and cheek in familiar pattern, soft lips pressing against mine within seconds. We part after what feels like a lifetime, "just...wanted to make sure I can still do that" his whisper warm against my mouth, the corners lifting in an uncontrollable half smile. We're gonna be just fine.

______________________________
Thank u for 1K reads!!! You're all angels🥰🥺