xxxxiv

//TEDDY\\

The past six days had been a cycle of friends turned away at the door and calls gone unanswered. Ashton had finally left after i sneaked a phone call to Luke, forced into attending a band meeting for the first time that week. Somehow, the silence was worse. A decisive set of knocks startled the brunette into moving, her body aching at first movement in hours. "I have breakfast" Maggie stood at the door, gesturing to the bottle of fizz and carton of orange juice in her hands. We made our way to the kitchen and I watched her pour the drinks in silence. "When's the release party?" Her voice is light, making conversation two glasses in. I shrug, appreciating her attempt at making conversation never less, "Tomorrow night. I'm supposed to fly out in the morning" my words are hollow, excitement lacking until Maggie stands up abruptly, pulling my limp body up the stairs. "WHAT, we're going to get you clean and prepped. I'm talking face masks, bubble bath and more alcohol." Her determined words bring an abrupt laugh, a pathetic one but hey, I tried. "You know there will be someone to do my make up and cover this disaster of dark bags there" I shrug, pointing around my face. She only mirrored my action, setting the water temperature to her liking. "Yeah well, I want to do my part in taking care of you. Get in, I'm going to grab the drinks and postmaste some more alcohol" the girl was out the door before I could voice my protests. We sat beside each other on the bedroom floor, Ansley and Elle having joined us sometime later following a drunk FaceTime call. "You guys should come with me" I decided, vision blurring slightly at their shocked but excited expressions. "Please don't fuck with me like this" Elle sat up, excitement laced in her tone. I shrugged "why not, I can have a plus one or plus three. I've been raving about Paris to you gals at every chance." "And it would be nice to not do it alone" the confession is met with empathetic eyes, the three friends piling atop of me in affection, each screaming their thanks and excitement.

"Remind me to never drink again" Ansley groaned from the bathroom door in the hotel room. The statement was met with light teasing as a mini bar was rolled in alongside food and others gifts. "If this is your daily I might have to consider a career change" Maggie joked, picking up a chocolate covered strawberry. I shrugged "it has its moments". The rest of the afternoon was spent getting pampered and ready ahead of the evenings schedule.

TEDDYBROWNZ just posted!

>>>