ii

// ZION \\

"yooooo!! Guys get down here RIGHT NOW" I rolled my eyes at Edwin's shouting & continued to scroll through Instagram until they all piled into my room. "whaaat bro" I groaned. "You won't believe who I just met outside" he exclaimed while cheesing. "Selena Gomez? Please say it was her" Brandon groaned. "Wait you met Selena and didn't call us? What the hell bro?!" We laughed as Edwin slapped Austin around the head. "Why would she even be outside our house bro??" He exclaimed annoyed. "Anywayzzz..it was one of the members of 5SOS" he continued. "And why the fuck was he outside our house?" I made a confused face. "If you would all just shut the hell up for a min... any WAY his friend just moved in next door and he's planning them a surprise welcome home party for tonight. He said we could come" he exclaimed cheesing. "Oh word, is this the neighbour with the pretty garden?" Asked Nick. "yeah that's her, I think we should go" said Edwin. "I don't see why not, the noise would keep us up anyway" Brandon pointed out. I nodded. "Bet, now get out my room losers."

// TEDDY \\

"Flight 107 LA landing in approximately 4 minutes. Please fasten your seatbelts." The announcement made me put away my journal. I tried to mentally prepare myself for the arrival though the temptation to jump right back on another flight was high. You promised Ash you'd catch up, I remind myself hastily. Nothing like some flight hopping to prove he's right about how I really feel lately. With that all decided, the landing and picking up my luggage went smoothly and with that I grabbed a taxi home. Home...used to be a person. I immediately halt that train of thought and rub my eyes tiredly. I hum a tune to myself as the keys jiggle in the door before giving in. As soon as I closed the door behind myself there's a distinct popping sound and a jumbled "surprise!!!" from people gathered around my living room. I pause as my brain short circuits until I feel hands grab my shoulder, Ashton hugs me while whispering "welcome home T, think of this as a little house warming" He smiles that cheeky smile and I can't find it in myself to be mad at him for invading my home.  Turning around to face the unexpected company I smile as brightly as I can and laugh loudly when Mikey runs at me, picks me up and spins me around. "Let's party!!" I exclaim, still in his arms and am met by cheers and a ear popping bass from further inside the house.  Turning to look at my closest friend: "I will personally draw up a list of charges if.." "I've locked all the rooms upstairs and put away all your precious items" Ash interrupts me. "Now go and mingle, you look less like you belong here than some people and this is your home" he continues to emphasise while someone forces a drink in my hand. Still unsure, I swirl the glass suspiciously. "It's a premixed margarita, hope that's alright" I look up to see a head of messy dark hair and a smiling face. "I'm Brandon" we shake hands. "Teddy but I assume you already know that?" I raise a brow, pointing out"considering you're in my house". "Oh that, I'm your neighbour actually, well one of them" he says, turning slightly to look around, presumably in search of my other new neighbours. "You should meet them, here, they're probably outside" considering it for a second I follow him hesitantly. There's a few people milling about, we make our way through; myself saying my greetings, hugging each person I recognise to have worked with or often spent time with in social settings much like this one. Brandon waits for me politely each time I'm drawn into a conversation relating to future collaborations and questions about the campaigns I'm rumoured to be working on. Finally, we reach a group of five, consisting of Michael and some people I don't recognise."guys I want you to meet our lovely host and new neighbour Teddy" I smile and wave politely to them all. "What's up, I'm Edwin, big fan...of your style I mean" a boy with shaved hair and colourful clothing exclaims, quickly clearing up. One of the others slaps him around the head while I laugh loudly. "Thanks, I pride myself on it, otherwise my income would really suffer" I mention, waving around to the garden. "Oh you're an interior designer or something?" Another voice pipes up, turning to look across from me I meet a pair of brown eyes and my heart slightly falters. Put your self together, there's a lot of people with brown eyes in this world. My smile lifts slightly in a robotic precision: "nah, I'm a stylist and creative director professionally...and you are?" He nods, the dreads on his head shaking lightly with the movement. "Oh yeah, name's Zion and this quiet one is Austin" the timid boy next to Mikey smiles at me and I reciprocate the gesture. "Well, now that we've all met let's take a few shots and make this a little more lively" I laugh at Brandon and shrug. "Why the hell not, it's my party after all" there's distinct cheers and hollers as we all pack back into the house, Mike's arm falling around my shoulder while he whispers "glad to have you back Teddy bear'. "Good to be back" is my only response before any chance of conversation is diminished by the song playing loudly in the kitchen.