xxiii

// TEDDY \\

The jeep windows are foggy, the inside covered by a layer of smoke as I'm staring up into Zion's red rimmed eyes from his lap. "Let's get this show on the road" I declare, moving up and into the driver's seat as he follows next to me. "You sure about this?" I smile gently at the worry in his tone. "It's going to be everywhere at some point soon anyway, can't avoid the inevitable" my explanation is simple. "Besides, id rather i hear it right now, with you" the CD is already in and processing before the boy can question my words. We skip the first song, having heard it a couple of days ago. Want you back blares through the speakers and I let out an audible shaky breath. "Straight to the point" Z comments halfway through, we move to face each other and I only shrug, somewhat unaffected as he skips through the next three songs per my instruction. "Ash may have told me which ones Calum wrote on" I explain when he asks. He nods his head along slowly. "Hate to say it, I like this one. What's it's called?" The boy asks, leaning over slightly. "Moving along" is my response. By the time we make it through Better Man and More my anxiety is through the roof, dread heavy in my stomach. "Hey, come here peaches" Zion's voice is gentle as he coaxes me across the console and into his lap. "What's the next one?"' He asks as his arms wrap around my waist. My response is stuttered, courtesy of the rising nerves and inhabitation from the smoking "why won't you love me" I whisper against his neck. I don't realise I'm crying by the end of the song until calloused hands grip my chin and softly wipe at my cheeks. "You're the strongest person i know" his words match the soft feel of his touch. I attempt to smile through the tears but am interrupted by a hiccup so I shake my head in protest instead. "I've been soft spoken about this but, and I'm not good with words like you, at least when it's not on paper." The boy rumbles. "You have no idea the effect you have on other people, damn, the effect you have on me. You're beautiful yeah, anyone with eyes already knows that. I just, you're brilliant you know, smartest person I know. Calum was crazy to let you..." in the post smoke haze and with the static of the now finished CD in the background I interrupt his speech by placing my lips on his plump ones. Zion leans into the kiss instantly, his hands gripping my thighs as I sigh into it. My head is silent for once, heart beating frantically while I pull him in closer as the kiss eventually slows in its pace, til we're exchanging simple pecks, both out of breath. His hands grip my neck gently, "you sure know how to leave me speechless."

_________________________
Short but sweet?? Don't hate me 4 the next chapter oops