xxxxvii

ZIONKUWONU FEED:

[liked by TEDDYBROWNZ and thousands of others]

ZIONKUWONU //here's another one for you beanz, thank you for sticking with us and me through the bullshit. Stream eyes off you, it's my favourite\\

//TEDDY\\

The music echoed through the house, track number 3 on repeat, meaning she barely heard the doorbell. Sleep deprived I grabbed the door handle without thought, processing the person on the other side once open. "Hey" Zion sighed, chest expanding at her in such a proximity, he could see the disheveled hair and tired eyes this close up. "Hi..." I breathed in relief, coughing to mask the emotion, "uh..here, come in" he made his way past and into the living room, my mind reeled at his familiar smell, still holding onto the door handle for extra support. "How have you been?" The question felt wrong, I winced, arms wrapping around myself in search of comfort. "I love you." Z stated, both hearts leaping at the unexpected word vomit. He took some deep breaths in preparation, "I'm sorry to ambush you like this. Brandon will have my head for it later. I just...it's been two months peaches, I worried if I didn't come to you at some point you might up and move and I'd never see you again" he stuttered his explanation. "I need you to tell me I haven't gone entirely crazy still waiting for you." Air lodged in my throat at his awaited confession, my body stumbled to the sofa, knees weak. "Say something Teddy" his voice broke, the blurry vision partially masking his figure kneeling directly in front of me. "Tell me anything" he begged, "talk to me about how much fun you had in Paris or about a joke that made you laugh until you cried, tell me about the dumbest thing you've had on your mind but have been too embarrassed to admit. Talk to me for hours, about anything, there's nothing else I would rather do than sit here and listen" his larger hands were clammy against my own. "I..." it took a shaky breath to continue, "Paris just remind me of you, I can't go anywhere without seeing you in the places I visit. Even if we've never stepped foot there together yet. I haven't been doing much laughing without you, it was so frustrating initially. I didn't want you to be the only source of happiness in my life." I rambled, unconsciously sliding off the sofa to be nearer. "The embarrassing thing" I swallowed the nervous, "I'm not ashamed of, it's been choking me up all for too long, I think everyone knows" the confession carried a tone of self deprecating humour. "I miss you" the relief on his face made the fear worth it. "Let me in peaches, I swear I'll never let you down again" I only nodded weakly, within seconds his arms were wrapped around me. It felt like breathing for the first time.

It's like this, i enter a crowded room and you're somewhere in the middle, ever the life of the party. You're the first person I see, only partially because you tower over so many others. I walk in and I see you, not because you're suddenly the only person in the room, because you are the room, you become the whole room. We lay in each other's arms, hands familiarising with every inch of skin all over again, so in awe of even having that possibility within grasp. "Marry me" Zion's words are quiet, but they reverberate through the walls, still echoing when he hovers over the brunette. I open my mouth after a short minute, "I..." - "don't answer now it if it's going to be anything but a yes" he begs. "You don't mean it" I finally concede, hands playing with his hair before he unceremoniously rolls off the bed in a hurry. When Z turns back around after fumbling through the discarded clothes on the floor the breath in my chest stammers for the umpteenth time that night. There's a pretty ring clutched between his fingers, which he extends, shortening the distance between us. I smile, laughter and unfiltered happiness overlapping before he catches my body as I jump into his chest. He's smiling, a blinding sun on our bedroom floor as my brown hair forms a halo around us. "Ask me again in a year" I beg, he nods only seconds later. "I already know my answer" I offer, as his hands cup my cheeks. "I don't even remember my life before you" I add. "Won't have to imagine a future without me either" Zion adds, pressing a kiss to my bare ring finger, the promise unspoken.