xxxix

//ZION\\

The boys continued to rehearse, Zion falling into Nick's side on a few occasions. "Bro what's with you?" The shorter boy groaned in frustration. "Nothing. I'm just tired" Z's voice sounded defensive even to himself. His phone buzzed for the umpteenth time on the side. "You gonna answer that or what?" Ed asks, eyebrow raised in question while they all continued to stare at the dread head. "It's only Teddy, I'll get back to her later" he shrugs disinterested. "You can't be mad at her for going out and living her life...or having guy friends" he groans in frustration at their defence of the brunette. "I don't know what you're on about. Let's get this right before the show tonight" he's back to practising while the others share a look, eventually falling back into step with him. He loathed how they acted as if he were a ticking time bomb in that moment.

When Z laid in his bunk that night, after another successful performance, bones aching from exhaustion, he finally picked up his phone. He wanted to call her, body yearning having not slept well last night, stress levels rising with the sun as he overanalysed the honeymoon phase they seemed to be in up to this point. The boys didn't get in till late, sticking around after showering to speak with their fans. She was probably asleep by now, papers scattered around the bed, he swallowed his pride and scrolled through the multiple texts.

PEACHES🍑❣️
Phone died last night I'm sorry!!
Tried to stay up till it came back on but I must've passed out
My head is pounding and I just wish you were here to hold me
How's tour?
You must be busy, don't forget to eat lunch!!
Alright what's wrong
Okayyyyy
Talk to me when you're over whatever mood you're in I love you

ZION🥺💜
I'm fine, we're fine. Just stuck in my head for a while, I love you, call me whenever you wake up

The unexpected ring tone blaring snapped the dread head out of his thoughts. His heart leaped in his chest at the picture of him and T displayed across the screen. "Hey..." her voice is soft when he finally answers. "Hi" his response just as gentle. "I'm sorry...about last night. About the annoying texts and then worrying you when I got home" Teddy rambles on the other line, voice laced with anxiety. Zion's laugh interrupted her rumbling, "you're okay angel. I just worry, get lost in my mind sometimes you know" his soothing voice explains. They sit in comfortable silence for a while, him laying in his bunk bed and she spread across the bed, smiling at the phone screen when he requested to face time. "Are you happy?" His sudden change of topic stops her laughter at the previous conversation. Teddy looks confused on the other side, shuffling up in the bedsheets, skin golden from the Italian sun. "Why are you asking me that?" - "are you happy with me?" He digs further, set on getting an answer. Her face softened at the stress he projected on his side, she decided to indulge him. "Of course I'm happy. I love you, sure the distance hurts but just seeing your face or hearing your voice...this is more than enough. It's not perfect but it's us." She smiles when he finally looks at her again. "I miss you when you're gone, I always see things that make me think of you. I even have a countdown for when we're both back and I can cuddle you and Simba indefinitely" her voice is warm to him, sunshine emerging in the gloomy tour bus. "We're not leaving our house for at least a week" he adds to her confession, laughter shaking the dreads atop his head. "Our house huh?" Her tone is teasing and he curses himself  for the slip up. "I like the sound of that. We should probably get you your own set of keys though" the revelation warms something in his chest. I should know not to stress about unfiltered honesty around her by now, he hums in agreement. They drift off still on call to each other, Teddy wakes up first smiling at the soft snores and the top of his head smushed between pillows on the screen.

 They drift off still on call to each other, Teddy wakes up first smiling at the soft snores and the top of his head smushed between pillows on the screen

[liked by TEDDYKUWONUDREAMZ and thousands of others]

TEDDYBROWNZ //imagine looking THIs good at 2 am (tagged:@ZIONKUWONU\\

THEREALNICKMARA you...two..are cute ig
ZIONKUWONU^shut up
ZIONKUWONU I love you peaches
TEDDYBROWNZ^youre okay ig
USER456 so cute
HATER34 can't you...just text him this or something🤮
TEDDYBROWNZ^cant you...just unfollow me or something

_______________________________
Yooo I've just written the epilogue chapter and idk how to feel