-1- Uncomfortable

Hey! watch where you are going girl! "sorry ma," I said to the fruit vendor as I almost stepped on her shaded fruits.

Everyone seems to be busy in this Abuja even on a weekend. Traders flagging their goods at people, women going to and fro to the market to get proper meals for their families for the weekend.

But where are the children? Who are they left with? And what are they doing?

I wished every parent will create time and seek to know how we feel as we develop daily.

Someone like me will be an adult soon and I have a lot of questions but no one will be available to hear me out.

What a world!

In this part of the world that a lot of things are still considered taboos. How can I tell my parents about what had just happened to me now?

I'm sure the whole street of Ipele will see my dirty pants and publish it.

Wow.... looks like that girl is having an interesting conversation with her dad. I wish my dad is like that just for a day. Ojo my friend is lucky like that girl.

What's going on with me today? will I be me again? am I still on planet earth? everyone seems to be staring at me.

I sighted some girls laughing from a distance and I felt like vanishing from the face of the earth, how did they find out?

How can I face the world? my mom, my dad, my kid sister that looks up to me, my best friend Ojo, and myself in the mirror? Will my name still be Hadassah? Oh my goodness...... why me?

Hadassah! Hadassah!

I heard my name as I turned in fear, only to see my dad among his friends, " come here" he ordered.

Does he know? can people know just by looking at you? I saw most women staring at me on our street, a woman said something and spat on the floor. I'm in trouble.......

I walked towards my dad not knowing what awaits me, but I encouraged myself. I looked at the strange outfit I had, a lose short and an oversized t-shirt. "Yes Papa," I said, "why do you look like that"? he asked,

I... I... am...

"Listen!" he shouted,

tell your mother that I will be late for dinner, we have a little gathering here with my friends and it will take some hours okay? I forgot my cellphone at home so I can't call her".

"Yes, Daddy".

"Hadassah has grown into a fine woman o"

I heard one of his friends said.

"Hey! Take your corrupt eyes off my daughter and mind your business" my dad quarreled.

Those men are evil! I'm sure they are still watching my buttocks. How do I control it from clapping? I'm not as tall as my dad, I'm on the average, brown skin and a big hip like my mom. My friends always made fun of my butt and sing to it's whenever am walking.

Two blocks from our house seem like ten streets. I got home unnoticed, thank goodness my mom was in her room. I announced my arrival and rushed to my room to take a warm bath before my mom will notice my change of cloth because she knows all my clothes. My mom is that kind of a mother that knows her daughter's mensuration dates, she is very observant but I believe she will hate her lope-hole when she discovers my secrets.

"Hadassah dear, hurry up and come take care of your sister, I have to go out for an urgent meeting in the church, I won't be back till 7:pm". My mom requested from her room.

My mom loves her church programs, and the church loves her contributions especially to the women fellowship. The Christian mothers as they call themselves, refers to her as "Mama"

Okay, mom, I told her what my dad said and she sighed, she had prepared his favorite meal for dinner (pounded yam and vegetable soup). " Okay dear, remember to stay inside and... "

"don't allow anyone in... I get it mom, am not 10 anymore, I can take care of the house, my sister and myself!"

I said to her.

" Alright, if you say so, may God protect you" amen mom bye....... I said to dismiss her.

Thank God! I acclaimed, I will have some time to reflect on what has just happened to me some hours ago. I quickly locked the entrance door after my mom, checked on my little sister Meg and I saw that she was busy watching frozen with her legs on her table and remote control on one of her hands.

I guessed she was expecting me to drag the remote with her, but no little sister? Not today?

I rushed back to my room to take that warm bath that was interrupted by my mom earlier.

I turned on the heater for the January weather was so bad that one could freeze to death.

I was done with scrubbing my body just to properly wash my private part and I'm done. BUT.......

Oh no..... noooooo, this is very painful.

I can't even pee now, but I need to, it's been hours, oh my gosh, what do I do? should I call for help... but who do I call, who can I trust?

What about my vows to God on my baptism renewal. I'm so dirty now.

Lord Jesus forgive me.

Author's Note:

Hi, I'm new to writing for people to read. I write for myself only since I was young. I hope you've enjoyed my story, ignore every typo, it's coming straight from my heart and I promise to edit every chapter as we progress. Thanks for reading...

Please leave a comment and vote for me. I need your encouragement and support ❤️🙏