-11- Heros

I listened to the morning massage from nanny May's little radio. The preacher was talking about Jonah. He gave a very good narration that coursed me to sit up.

"God knew that Jonah wouldn't go to Nineveh because he is all knowing. The mission is to bring the qualities in Jonah! God is telling someone today to get up and make a difference! Amen."

"The captain was sure of the weather before he sailed the ship. Something extraordinary was wrong! Every one was praying except for Jonah who was asleep, and he wasn't Jesus.."

He chuckled as he said the last phrase. I watched nanny May sitting in front of the radio as if she could see the preacher. She laughed about the last phrase too.

"The captain began to check everyone's record and Jonah was throw from the ship. What this means is that, from this morning, you must check every body connected to you and make a decision. Change your number if you have to."

" Now Pray pray pray pray pray"

Nanny May stood up and started praying shaking her head violently.

I sank into the blanket before she notice me.

Do I need to say this prayers too? No God, it's about disobedience. I still obey my parents, that's the reason I'm still in this house Lord.

I didn't go to school for the rest of the week, the next week and now the third one. Mrs. Johnson reviewed with me every weekend as promised.

My daily routine includes doing the house chores with nanny May, even though the poor lady asked me to stay in doors.

"Nanny, I will do everything they asked me to do. This is my punishment."

"My dear, I'm not happy about this whole situation but what can we do but trust in the Lord right? His ways are not our ways, let his will be done."

////

The weather was beginning to get too hot. I was feeling very nauseous all the time. Owen's mom complained about my morning sickness. Ojo did her best to make me feel at home but it can never be like my home.

One hot evening after I took a cold shower to retire for the night. I tied my big white towel around myself and walked into the room to prepare for a sweet sleep.

The door yanked open and I saw Owen slammed the door holding the keys and smiling.

It all came back, the ugly experience flashed through my mind. My heart started pounding very fast. The hair on my back rose in fear.

"What do you want Owen?" I said shaking and unable to move. Fear growing in my stomach.

"Nothing difficult baby" he said taking off his shirt, pant and under pant in a hurry.

"Please don't do this" I pleaded with a shaky voice.

He yanked the towel from my body before I could say another word. He brought out a knife from his pants pocket and held it close to me face.

"Do you want it peacefully or you want it the hard way bitch"

The tip of the knife was making a painful mark on my face already. I shut my mouth and nodded in agreement.

He released the knife a bit and started his business.

I could scarcely breath, my heart was racing so fast that I whimpered like a child.

Putting on his clothes, he smiled wickedly and said, "we have to complete the baby you know. You can't have an incomplete child right?"

I cursed him between my teeth as I sobbed.