-2- Hangdog

I woke up from a terrible nightmare and rushed to check the time, it was just 12:15am.

I observed my room for a while, it was ghost-quite.

Who could be standing by the door? I couldn't open my mouth to ask. The shadow fit that of actor Dwayne Johnson, the scorpion king.

My God..... I could feel my heart pounding in my ears. What should I do? Scream? Or call my parents for help?

They won't believe me or take it seriously.

The last time I told them about one of our neighbours peeping through our kitchen window, they scolded me for making things up because they feel that the guy was very respectful.

I tried to reach the light switch but I was too scared to move. I almost passed out when my phone beeped. Oh saved by the message! When I quickly look at my phone and back to the door, the shadow was gone.

The message
"hey, have you told anyone yet? I bet no one will believe you. Hahahaha.... Owen"

I felt like screaming but someone might hear me. What will I tell my parents? how will I start? who will believe me?

Owen is right, no one will understand. They will all take his side. My mom always says that every one is good. She explained that God uses the weak for his work and no one is perfect.

My Dad on the other hand never supported my going to Ojo's house to make my hair or anything. But I never knew what he was referring to because he was never plain.

Ojo hates homework, she has always waited for my work and copies them. I love her the way she is, 'talkative'.

I thought about many things and didn't remember sleeping off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A bang on the door woke me up, "Hadassah are you set? We've been waiting for you, please hurry up" my mom said as she passed my room going downstairs.

I checked the time on my phone, 8:30am! Okay great!

I managed to get to the bathroom. My goodness! What's happening to me? My body hurts so much like someone who's been hit by a vehicle.

Girls like me should be thrown into the toilet. I don't deserve to live, but why..... I controlled my wailing with a balled towel in my mouth.

"Hadassah! What's going on? Why is your door locked?"
"Open this door now"
my dad commanded.

My legs were noodles when I opened the door.

"What's happening to you today?
You didn't do any of your chores today and now your door is locked also not ready for church?"
My dad enquired.

" Yesterday you didn't eat the meal I packed for you before I left for the church meeting"
my mom added.

"Should we be con..cerned"
my dad asked again.

"No problem mum and dad, I'm fine, it's just a slight headache."

"Okay if you say so, take a shower and come down for breakfast"
my mom said holding up her mermaid gown walking downstairs.

" Honey give her some pills for the headache I will be outside by the car waiting" my dad told my mom.

" Okay dear I will be there shortly. Hadassah come lock the door after us and do all we've asked you to do okay"

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

I had a warm bath, I did my best to wash the painful part of my experience yesterday, my vxxxxxa. I used a lot of disinfectant and lots of other stuff hence I couldn't tell anyone about it to get proper help.

The lose short I wore with a turtle neck sweater made me feel relaxed a bit. I stared at my breakfast for half an hour before I trashed the toasted bread and hot tea.

Suddenly I heard a loud sound upstairs......

Who could that be? I'm home alone and doors are locked.

Windows!
What about the windows? Mine is locked because I don't like the cold weather of harmattan.

I looked up from the living room but dare not to move. I quickly grabbed a mop getting ready for whatever or whoever it is.

I paced back and front for as long as 20 minutes in fear. My cellphone was plugged in my room, how can I get help.

The bang on the door almost made me passed out.

Meg my little sister was banging on the door. I rushed to the door and let my family in.

" What are you doing with the mop in that position, and looking like that" " as if you've seen a ghost" my mom asked cleaning the sweat from my forehead.

Is.. is...up there I managed to say. My dad hurried up to the rooms upstairs, searched everywhere.

I followed after to see if anything was out of place but everything seems alright.

My parents had this confused look that says, "what's going on Hadassah?"

Daddy I'm serious, I heard a very loud sound upstairs some minutes ago. He shrugged and went to his room.

Later that night, my mom begged me to tell her if I ate anything in my dreams or had any strange dream at all.

I told her about the shadow and she stood up from my bed and started Praying.

" Every evil hovering around my daughter, I cast you to the pit of hell in the name of Jesus" she continued for hours and asked me to kneel all through. I regretted telling her about the shadow man.

I slept peacefully that night.

Hi babe, how are you doing? Sorry I won't walk with you to school today my dad came around so he's dropping me off .
See you soon
Ojo

Why today Ojo? I can't face everyone in school alone, I need you. I said out loud as I dropped my phone on the floor in anger.

As I walked through the school gate, my legs were brushing each other at every step I took.

Maybe I should just go home and make up a good lie. What can I say?

"Hadassah! Wait for me" oh thank God Ojo. We hugged for a long time that she was pulling herself out from it.

"What's wrong my friend?" Oh nothing, I just missed you. "Oh.... Sweetie, I missed you too"

"Now tell me everything, every detail because I didn't even see you in church yesterday, and Saturday when I got back from my brother's errands, you were gone."

no...no no is nothing serious, I promise to tell you when I'm ready okay? "Sure, sure" she had same confused look as my parents.

All the groups I passed by in school seem to be looking at me strangely, I bet they can tell too. I need to hide in the toilet for a while.

I tried to shut the door after use when I suddenly felt someone's hands around my waist. I melted in fear as I turned to see the worst......
OWEN

Leave a comment and vote please.
Thanks