-10- Lost

I woke up from a terrible nightmare. When I noticed where I was, I knew it was real and not a dream.

I got up from the small bed and observed my surroundings. The maid's room is at the back of the main house, a toilet and kitchen outside the room. I walked to the toilet to ease myself, a bucket, soap, brushes and sponge neatly arranged. The frangrance of the soap was so familiar that I just remembered my stuff at home.

"Dassah! Wake up, we will be late for school"

Ojo called from the corridor.

I came out sagging my shoulders back to the room.

"You saw the stuffs I asked nanny to keep for you right?"

"Yeah"
I said covering myself with blanket.

"Hey common, it's not even cold today let's go to school already"

"Ojo I can't"

"You can't or you won't, get up"
She said pulling me up.

I gave in after the hard pull she gave me and took off clothes tieing my towel around me I watch her singing feel me by Serena Gomez.

After a short shower I came drying myself. Ojo was still singing the same song. She is so happy and excited that I envied her so much. I quickly dress up and grabbed my backpack.
I pulled the headphone from her head and pointted to the door.

"Shall we?"

" No Breakfast?"

"No, I'm fine"

"No way, I'm here you will have all that you need you hear me"

"I don't want trouble Ojo"

"Let's go! I've not had mine too."
She said dragging me to the main house.

I met the gaze of her parents and Owen at the table.

"Good morning sir, morning ma'am"
I greeted still standing by the entrance. Ojo was setting our plates when her mom shouted.

"What is good about the morning?"
Owen was smiling at me and the dad just glared and hissed.

"Have you helped out with the chores today? Or you think we are going to feed you for free? And I can't understand why you are still going to school?"

"Ma'am my final exams is in two months time. I need to finish up my high school..."

"You should have thought of that!"
Their dad shouted and left the table.

I opened the door and left the house. Ojo ran after me.
I couldn't control the tears streaming down my cheeks.

"It's my fault I know" I cried out loud hugged a pole on the street.

"Hadassah, please stop crying"
Ojo embraced me sobbing.

People were beginning to stare at us. We soothed ourselves and dried our tears.

"You will survive this okay, you are very brave and smart"

"I need help Ojo"

"You know who can help us right?"

"Yes I think so"

"Let's go to her"

She stop a taxi and we went to school immediately still sobbing. I love Ojo so much, now I see why. She is like a sister and my friend. When I was depressed she endured my attitudes and meanness and now she is standing by me.

I looked deeply into her eyes and smiled at her. She smiled back and squeezed my shoulders.

/////