-13- Hope

Mrs Johnson's apartment was a simple but beautiful home. Lacey curtains with the same colour to match with the sofa. A study corner with a bookshelf and desktop attached to a printer. Everything was just perfect. I admired her the more with her home style.

She waved her hands in the air to bring me to the present.

"Sorry ma'am, your house is very beautiful."

"Thank you, this is more than a house Hadassah. This is my home and a little heaven."

"I love it here already. Thanks for opening the doors of your home to me."

She grabbed my bags and walked towards the bedroom.

"Enough of that, let's go in and settle down."

Her smile was contagious, I smiled and followed her in.

My eyes caught the little altar erected by a corner close to the entrance, a well made bed, wardrobe and a dresser. The feminine smell was so perfect that I inhaled the fregrance.

I saw her by the altar praying silently. I joined her without saying a word. I blessed the Lord for sending her into my life. When she said Amen and echoed Amen.

We freshen up and sat in the living room to watch a movie.

"Forgive me dear, I am not a fan of Nollywood. Not that I have anything against them, it's just that I love novella and intelligent movies."

"No problem, I'm here to learn from you."

We laughed and started the movie.

"Is this 24 hours?"

"I know right?"

"I have watched it with Ojo one Saturday at their house"

I said with excitement.

"I have lost count already. It's my favorite then prison break."

She walked towards the player and changed the plate.

"Let's watch a comedy instead. This is desperate house wives season 2."

We laughed and cried then became quite after five episodes.

It was a Sunday evening. So she suggested we tuned to a Facebook to watch live Sunday service which we did. Mrs Johnson encouraged me with the word of God preached and said I was destined for great things.

After a nice dinner, we prayed and went to bed.

As early as 6:30am she was ready for work.

"Hadassah, just call me if you need anything okay. I will be gone for 6 hours but it will seem like 6 minutes if you engaged yourself. Do anything but don't blame yourself for anything. Remember to eat for two."

She chuckled and closed the door behind her.

"My life has taken a turn from today. What can I do to make it meaningful?" I said loud to myself.

I fixed the house, there was nothing much to do anyway. The house is so clean. When I approached the laundry basket, there was a note "laundry done only Saturdays" so I left it to fix myself.

After taking my bath, I kept gazing at the altar. I tried to avoid it but my mind keeps saying something else. Putting on my Jean pants and finally light a candle and stood by it and prayed from my heart for God to give me hope and wisdom to move on with my life.

I studied my books for some hours before watching a telenovela 'The Girl' it reminded me of my home, how we used to watch novella every evening with my sister and mom. I wished I knew how they are doing.