-14- Trust

It's been two weeks since my mates finished their final exams. I have remained indoors wandering in my thoughts.

I would have been the happiest girl in the world preparing for a higher institution.

Ms. Johnson never left me alone. She confronted the school management after what they did to me and reported Owen's case. They gave her the option to either shut up and keep her job or leave her seat as the school psychologist. She discovered that Owen's Dad is a huge donor to the school purse so no one dares to question him or summon his parents for any wrongdoing.

Ms. Johnson assured me to be patient and see what the Lord will do as she quit her job.

Early the next week, she got an offer with better pay from The Nigerian British school plus accommodation. We've been packing up to move to Lifecamp.

I think it's best to leave Kubwa, maybe leaving there will give me the courage to start afresh.

The beep from my phone startled me and brought me back.

Who has this number now?

I looked at it and decided to answer it but with a very low tune.

"Hello?"

"Miss Hadassah"

"Nanny May.."

"How are you dear?"

"I'm fine, thanks for asking."

"I thought of you yesterday and asked Miss Ojo to give your number."

"Oh thank you so much"

"I want you to know that you are not alone. I may not have my own children but  I don't support what he did, what he did to you was terrible."

"It's well nanny"

"You are always in my prayers and I will continue to pray for you."

"Thank you so much."

"Just read Proverbs 20:30, and take care of yourself. God bless you."

"I will do that. Bye"

Nanny May told me her story one of my bad days at their place.

She was married to a man who abused her for the fifteen years of their marriage. He was a senior pastor of their church and she had to keep a very good image of their marriage, so she covered her pains till he took ill and died of a strange illness. Being childless, she decided to move to Abuja from Kaduna to start a new life. A good Samaritan referred her to the Olu family, she has been taking care of the house for almost 10 years now. They are family to her.

I pray that she remains strong in her Faith till she meets the Lord.

I took out my Bible and opened the verse given to me by nanny May.

"Sometimes it takes a painful experience to make us change our ways" Proverbs 20:30

My life has really changed for the past few days. I pray often and followed Ms. Johnson to her church. It's a small community of believers who welcome new members without mounting pressure to participate in other activities.

We will surely miss this town.

Having Ms. Johnson around made everything easy for me, when I had questions about my body change? She will quickly provide solutions or answers to everything.

I could feel my hips increasing because my pants were so uncomfortable and my bra gosh, became half cups for me. I have to do something to support myself, it will be too much to ask Ms. Johnson for money about everything.