-6- Pandora's Box

Mrs Johnson seems trustworthy. I just have to tell someone soon and face whatever is coming.

Mrs Johnson left her chair and sat close to me with the smile that says, "you can trust me".

It's been three weeks since it happened, but I can still smell the fresh pain down through my spine.

On that Saturday evening, I came to Ojo's house as usual to make my hair and finish our project.

When Ojo was done with my hair, we continued with the Creative Art project we started on Friday.

She excused herself when she heard her brother calling her from his room. His room is in-between their parents and Ojo's room. Ojo returned with a frown that her brother asked her to run an errand and promised to get us some snacks on her way back.

Snacks sounded perfect because we've spent almost three hours taking just water. I didn't eat much from home after doing the laundry because I was rushing to finish the project.

I was about gluing one of the cut outs when I noticed him standing by the door way. He was half naked, he had just his boxers on. My heart raced in fear because I have never been in a room with a guy alone, much more half naked.

Putting all my works together not minding if they are ruined, I got up and found him in front of me with the door key. I was so scared that my heart was pounding very loud.

He smiled and walked closer to me holding out his big arms.

I pushed him aside but he stood firm and said, "baby".

"What's the matter? I know you want me, so here I am!" He said cuffing my hands.

"You are hurting me" I told him with tears flooding my eyes.

"Shut up Hadassah! You come here all the time wearing those sexy clothes and the way you look at me... And this hips..s.s.s oh this hips..." He began squeezing my hips.

"Stop! Stop! Stop!" I screamed.

I rushed to the window and screamed louder, "somebody help me!"

"Don't waste your energy shouting baby, no one is home" he said.

He cupped his hands on my cheeks and said, "my dad is out of the country as you're aware, my mom is out attending her social meetings and your friend... Oh your stupid friend. I asked her to deliver a message to my friend in Federal Housing Phase 2 without transport fare. I also promised her my old tablet so of course she will go to hell for it right?" He laughed and pitched my cheeks.

With a pushed I landed on the bed, he cuffed my hands again with one hand and the other hand caressing my body. I noticed how lost he was in his act, I sized the opportunity and bit him very hard on his cheek.

He gave a very loud roar and slapped me that I didn't remember what happened next.

When I regained consciousness, I couldn't move. The door was widely opened, my clothes in pieces and I couldn't believed that I've been raped.

Shortly, he came in with a t-shirt and a short. A cigarette in-between his fingers and a bat. He threw the clothes on my face and drew the cigarette and looked at me hard. Pointing the bat at me he warned, "if you tell anyone about this, I will come to your house with my friends and continue with this fun you hear me!" He left looking all dressed up.

# # # #

Mrs Johnson was in tears too when she I turned to look at her.

"Come my dear, cry if you want to okay" she said embracing me.

After awhile, she got up and brought out two bottles of water from a box and handed me one.

She joined me on the sofa with her own bottle.

"Now how did you get home that day? or did you tell your friend?" Mrs Johnson asked.

I covered the bottle after some sips and took a deep breath and was ready to continue.

"I managed to get up, took out the damaged clothes from my body and wore the t-shirt and short he threw at me. I picked every piece of my clothes and left the room".

"I got down stairs and didn't see anyone, I walked straight to the gate. The security guard was doing his laundry singing so loud with his mp3 player. He didn't even noticed me when I walked passed him." I explained to her.

"I took a short cut to avoid meeting up with Ojo on the road. So ma'am, this is my secret" I sobbed.

"Don't worry dear, I'm here to help you okay. I will speak to your teacher to reschedule your classes, you have a session with me every day until you become better". The lady assured me.

"Thank you Mrs Johnson, you are a God sent" I said with a hug.

"Wipe those tears, no one will see these beautiful tears again okay, here is my card and call me whenever you need me" she said handing out her card to me.

She is so elegant and pretty. I have found someone to look up to. I hope she is not fake. "Hope not". I thought as I walked away.

It feels so different now, I don't know how to put it but, things have changed inside of me.

"Hadassah! Where have you been?" Ojo called from the classroom window.

"Ojo hi" I smiled and waved at her.

"Wow! That's strange. You look different today despite the fact that you missed morning meetings" she said hugging me.

"I'm fine babe, nothing! Just trying something new today. And I'm not late I was at the administrative blocks earlier" I explained.

"Should I be concerned or not? What did you do?"

"Ojo nothing, don't worry you will find out soon alright? Just trust me". I told her.

" Hey girls! To the class now!" Our math teacher yelled.

We hurried to the class and brought out our writing materials.

"Listen class! Next year by this time, you should be in the universities of your choice. So work hard and achieve this alright". The teacher said.

We all echoed "yes sir!"

""''''''
Hey guys, thanks for sticking around for this part.

Please vote and leave a comment.
Thanks