10

"Toni now please tell me that my eyes deceit me

"Toni now please tell me that my eyes deceit me."

"No momma, they didn't."

"Tamar, excuse yourself."

"But mommy To—." Tamar tried to get words in but momma

"Tamar go."

"Yes ma'am."

"Momma—." She cut me off as well

"Now Toni I'm only gonna ask one question to make sure my sight hasn't fooled me. Was that a woman that you were kissing?"

"Yes momma." She took a breath before grabbing her bible from her purse.

"Momma look I can explain—."

"Toni Michele you wasn't raised that way. You haven't always been like this. Before you left you were dating a man, in high school you were dating a man so what happen?"

"Momma in high school I dated both, when I use to go missing nights at a time I was with a girl. This isn't new momma I just never told you or any of my sisters." I ducked before she could hit me.

"You sat in church every Sunday. Feared god and anything that went against his book. How dare you sit here and openly tell me you're into a woman. How dare you touch me with being in the company of a woman."

"Momma please—."

"Was she the company Tamar said you had?"

"Yes momma."

"You had sex with her?"

"Yes momma."

"Girl—." I ducked again trying to avoid her quick hands.

"Momma wait, listen to me."

"Toni you were not raised like this. Females should not have any relations outside of a coworker, acquaintance, or friendship. No sexual attraction should be found. I never thought I'd say this to you but you're a disgrace."

"Momma listen please! It's not your life anymore it's mines. I know ok I know I wasn't raised to be this way but I am and I like what I like. As your daughter, your first born, you should be able to love me regardless. Regardless of who I love, if I love the same gender, momma I'm your child. No matter what I'll always be your child, so why can't you love me? For who I am, what I become."