Chapter Four

I posted last week's chapter a day late, so to make up for it, I'm posting this one a day early. So far I've been good with this schedule thing! Let's see how long it'll last ;) Enjoy lovelies!

[Amanda]

   "Miko, I am not buying that," I said plainly as she held up a 'shirt' in front of my face. "There's barely enough material on there, and you know I don't wear things like that."

   She pouted. "But it's cute! And you'd look so good in pink!"

   "Miko. The shirt is non existent."

   After a dramatic sigh, she returned the shirt to the rack and continued to search through. Miko had been the one to win the right to choose what to do on our first day of summer break, taking the five of us to Frenley for some shopping, which we all desperately needed to do anyways. Jack's mom was downright ecstatic when she heard, and basically thanked Miko for her choice.

   Miko and I had gone our own way from the moment we arrived, since right off the bat we took a lot longer in a store than the boys did, which suited us just fine. We rummaged through the different racks of clothes, both of us promising to buy enough for a whole week worth of new outfits. So far, I was winning with three days down, while Miko had one and a half.

   "We should probably start heading to the food court," I said after we cashed out and emerged from the store. "Bet the boys are already there."

   "Of course," she shook her head. "Tell them to shop, they spend two point five seconds doing that. Tell them about food, they'll be there in two seconds."

   I smiled at that when a sudden wave of nausea caused me lose my breath and stop walking. My ears rang slightly, and I looked around, trying to find the cause of the sensation, trying to see what set off my powers. People milled around us, but nothing stood out. Still, something was seriously wrong.

   "A?" Miko's voice caused everything to clear up, and I blinked, seeing how she stopped and was facing me now. "What's wrong?"

   I frowned, catching up to her. "I'm not sure..." But something was definitely off. Still, I shook my head and gave her a small smile. "My powers might just be on the fritz, I didn't sleep well last night. Let's just head to the food court, it'll probably go away."

   She looked doubtful, but didn't say anything about it as we continued to the food court, where we spotted the boys had already claim a table.

   "You're late," Jack said jokingly.

   Miko punched him lightly. "We didn't only have food on our mind."

   Raf took in all the bags we were carrying, comparing them to the few bags the boys held. "Did you guys buy the entire mall?"

   "No, that'd be hard to explain to the company," I winked at him as I sat next to Finn. Just as I did, another wave of nausea hit me, making my bad feeling even worse. I put a hand on my forehead, trying to stop the world from swaying the way it was.

   "Amanda?" Finn's concerned voice broke through and I looked up to see worry etched on his face. "What's wrong?"

   I shook my head. "I don't know. I just keep getting this nauseating, bad feeling. It happened before Miko and I headed here too, but I can't tell what it is."

   "Is it Cleona?" Raf asked, lowering his voice.

   Nodding, I took a breath. "I can sense that much, but nothing past that. It's all... static."