Chapter Twenty

I really should be doing my online classes, but writing is just so much more fun...

[Finn]

  I woke up groggy, pain shooting through my body as I tried to get up. Everything felt fuzzy, my hearing a dull buzz and my sight blurry.

  Damn, haven't been in this kind of situation in a while.

  Instincts kicked in, and I took a deep breath, calming myself enough to dispel the fuzz. Soon, my eyes focused to see that I was in a small metal room, the only source of light being the upper window on the door in front of me. I carefully got to my feet, holding onto the cold wall for support before making my way to the door. I tried to shove it, not finding any handle or knobs, but when that didn't work, I slammed my shoulder into it. Pain shot up my arm, but the door didn't budge.

  I pulled myself up a bit to look out the door's window, seeing only darkness on the other side. With a sigh, I pushed myself back, pacing the room.

  The others must know I'm missing by now. I can't have been out that long, but they'll know I missed my flight. That'll launch an investigation, and they'll see that I was jumped, then...

  What happened after that?

  I shook my head. Not important. I've got to send a message somehow. Fowler will have the military on the lookout, the base will have their own searches going on, and Amanda-

  The thought of my girlfriend made me stop pacing. She was probably tearing everything apart by now. She never liked it when situations were out of her control, and this would be a prime example. Add it on top of all the stress and anxiety she'd been feeling lately... it wouldn't be pretty.

  "Hey!" I yelled, moving back to the door's window. "Anyone there?"

  Nothing.

  "Hello?"

  Still nothing, and I was about to move away from it when I heard a shuffle in the darkness.

  "Hey, I know you're there! Come on, I won't bite."

  "You humans speak too much," A low voice growled and a figure appeared on the other side of the window.

  "Ah, there you are," I mocked a smile. "Want to tell me where I am and why I'm here?"

  A Cybertronian appeared, looking identical to the ones Amanda and I faced at that military lab what seemed to be ages ago. "You are in the custody of the goddess. That is all you need to know."

  "Well, that was awfully vague. What goddess are we talking here? Because I'm tight with one of them and all, I'd like to know where I stand with this one. Or are we talking about the same one?"

  "We are most certainly not referring to the same goddess," The Cybertronian snorted, shaking his head.

  "Then when do I get to meet yours?"

  The Cybertronian opened his mouth, but then spun around and backed away from the window in a rush. Confused, I tried to see where he'd gone, only to find who he was backing away from. The door clicked and swung open, causing me to scramble back to avoid getting squashed. Once I regain my composure, I looked up to find a completely different kind of Cybertronian in the door frame.

  She was the size of a human, but a tall one, reaching past 6 feet tall easily. Her dark purple and black color scheme blended in with the shadows, the golden markings across her arms glinting and almost glowing slightly. She had razor sharp claws on the ends of her fingers, and was all sharp edges, even her heels looking like it could slice through someone if she were to kick them. But her eyes... that's what startled me the most. Solid purple eyes, with gold swirling in them.