Chapter Fourteen

Couple of things: First, stay healthy people! Remember to wash your hands and never cough/sneeze into your hands or the air (I can't believe it took this much to get people to be sanitary, but 🤷🏻‍♀️). Second, I've written so much when I should be studying for midterms/finals, and you all know how impatient I am, so be warned, two posts a week is totally becoming a thing. I mean, here's me posting chapter fourteen while I have ten more whole chapters written. It's hard not to share!
That's all from me, stay amazing and enjoy!!

[Finn]

  "This is just fantastic," I sighed, running a hand through my hair as I paced my hotel room. Agent Fowler, who was sitting at the room's desk, snorted humorlessly.

  "Getting better by the second, isn't it, kid?" He said and I shook my head. We had only just returned from the DC military base when Ratchet first contacted us with urgent news. From the moment I phoned the base, we were hit with a massive issue.

  "I know you're both swamped right now," Amanda's voice filled the room from my cell, which was on speakerphone at the moment. "But this is getting bigger each day. We all know that if the military could handle full sized Cybertronians, they wouldn't have formed those accords with the Autobots in the first place, but they couldn't. Facing the human sized ones is one thing, but even I can't take out a regular Cybertronian without exhausting myself. We can't do this alone anymore."

  She was right, but that didn't stop my stress or pacing. "We pitched this plan as though we were only dealing with the new Cybertronians. I'm not sure how the higher ups will take it if we change that now."

  "Surely they'd see reason," Ratchet scoffed over the phone.

  "Sometimes people in power don't work that way," Fowler sighed. "But this could also work in our favor."

  I stopped pacing to give him a look. "It could?"

  He nodded. "It'll add extra urgency to the situation. If the military didn't see this as a threat before, they certainly will now."

  Everyone fell silent before Amanda spoke up again.

  "Fowler has a point," she said. "This'll prompt them into action. We're just waiting on the word to contact Ultra Magnus, so make it clear that we're ready to act, we just need their approval."

  I groaned, plopping down on the bed. "It couldn't just be straight forward, could it?"

  I could practically hear the small smile on her face when she replied. "That wouldn't be any fun though."

  That made me relax a little, making me realize how much I missed her already. After being inseparable for a year, this trip felt like it was getting longer by the minute, keeping me farther from her reassuring presence.

  Agent Fowler stood, snapping me out of my thoughts. "I'll contact the generals and council again, let them know that the situation's changed."

  "Want me to come with?" I offered.

  He shook his head. "I can handle it. Get some rest, you had a long day."

  I rubbed the back of my neck, but nodded. Fowler walked over, clapped a hand on my shoulder before saying, "But you did good, kid."

  A smile spread across my face despite everything, and he returned it before heading out.

  "Finn?" Amanda's voice came through again, and I scooped the phone up, turning it off speaker.

  "What's up, A?"

  "I have to ask," Her voice trailed off, letting me know that I was off speakerphone on her end as well, because her leader tone had faded, something that only happened between us. "Where did the military take that one Cybertronian we captured?"