Chapter Twenty-Eight

[Miko]

  "Well?" I demanded, putting my hands on my hips.

  Finn looked up, weariness written across his face. "Miko, I told you-"

  "I know, but there's gotta be something!" I exclaimed. "It's been basically a week, she couldn't have dropped off the planet!"

  "It's been three days, M," Jack said quietly.

  "Same difference! The point is, our gal is out there!"

  Finn sighed, rubbing his hands over his face. He, Jack, Raf, and I had assembled a whole new kind of computer system in the base's living area to help search for Amanda, who'd completely disappeared. That girl was basically Batman, with the whole disappearing act. While I tried to keep my cool, it was getting harder and harder as each day passed without a single clue. The Autobots were coordinating with the military right now, and they were all continuously on patrol, but always turning up empty. We weren't faring much better, with us and Ratchet trying to use our tech to track her down.

  Frankly, none of us were taking this well. We were all stressed out of our minds, and I knew everyone was feeling some guilt about it. What Finn had figured out made sense; Amanda had been battling Valilorna for a while, and we, her so called closest friends, didn't notice enough to intervene until it was too late.

  "Rafael," Ratchet spoke from his computer. "Try to configure with this new search sequence. It should give us a larger range than the old one."

  Raf nodded and got to work, just as Bumblebee and Arcee pulled into base. Jack, Finn, and I all bolted to the railing as the pair transformed.

  "Anything?" Finn demanded anxiously. The poor guy looked like he hadn't slept since Amanda went missing, which was probably true. I knew he blamed himself more than anything, since he'd spent the most time with A in the past month, despite us trying to convince him otherwise.

  Arcee frowned and shook her head. "Nothing. The hit came up empty."

  "And it was a good one too," Bumblebee sighed. "You'd think she'd have to grab food eventually."

  "She should," Raf said, his tone taking on that analyzing one he had. "We have every security camera on the planet scanning for her face. She's got to head to a place with people some time, and when she does, we'll have her."

  "Are we sure we have every camera?" I asked. "At the same time and all?"

  Ratchet sighed. "Yes, Miko."

  "Something's got to turn up," Jack said quietly, and I glanced over at him to see his words aimed at Finn, who looked distraught. I threw my arm over Finn's shoulders, bringing him back to the couch.

  "Come on, let's see where Bulk and Ultra Magnus are at," I suggested. "Maybe they found-"

  My words were cut off by an alert coming up on the main computers, instantly grabbing everyone's attention. Hope flashed through me as Ratchet accessed the alert.

  "Amanda was spotted traveling the backroads of Poland," He reported. "Arcee, Bumblebee, go now. I'll send you backup as soon as it arrives."

  The pair nodded, and as soon as the ground bridge opened, they sped through.

  "Ratchet, can't we go too?" Jack asked. "If Amanda turns against the Autobots, with her powers-"

  He shook his head. "The Autobots will be able to do just fine. We don't need more issues on the field right now."