Chapter Eleven

I'm bored, so here lovelies. I feel like this is a wholesome chapter, more of a buffer but it's ok :)

"Come on, Miko, I've seen you do better than that." I barked, hands on my hips as I coached my two best friends. "You're falling behind!"

  She shot me a sour look. "You try punching a bag for a full minute and keeping up the same hitting power!"

  I sighed, pressing pause on the timer. "Okay, take a break."

  Miko and Jack looked all too relieved at my words, practically tripping over each other to get to their water bottles. They'd both agreed immediately to my proposition about reforming Earth's Team Prime to find the new group of Valilorna's Cybertronians, even after I explained to them all the work that had to be done for them to truly be allowed in the field. I tried to convey that the only reason Finn and I had gone was because Finn had next level military training, and I was taught how to fight growing up, but I don't think that really set in until training started this week. The day that Finn had left for Washington, I had gone over the various training exercises that Miko and Jack had to get through, getting approval from Ratchet along the way.

  I was glad Ratchet had agreed to the logic behind my proposition though. A lot of my worries were on gaining the medic's favor, but it proved to be easier than I had originally thought. Ratchet had worked alongside Optimus and the Autobots during the entire war, if anyone knew whether or not we could pull this off, it was him. I'd given him the same sort of speech I had given to Agent Fowler, and the medic had agreed with my arguments, but after making it clear that he had to approve every decision the team made and that he was in charge of clearing the team members for combat. Simple terms, which I was okay abiding by.

  For the past week, after Finn left and we got Ratchet's okay, I had started training Miko and Jack for combat. While they had previous skills that had helped in the past, I had to remember that every time they were in a fight, it was against the Cons and backed up by the Autobots. This time, both of those factors are different. Valilorna's Cybertronians fought the same way as the Cons, but their size was a clear advantage to them because now those power moves were backed up by speed. One of our greatest assets exploited, I had to make sure that would be the only one.

  We'd been spending around 8 hours a day in my mansion's gym, going through everything from cardio to weightlifting to combat. I'd seen improvement over time, but if Valilorna's Cybertronians wanted to make a move now, we'd be in trouble.

  "Alright," I clapped my hands together, getting Miko and Jack's attention. "I think we've done enough for today. I'll go get started on dinner while you two go change and wash up."

  Miko let out a half-hearted whoop, falling back to lie down, face to the ceiling. "I never thought it was possible to be this tired."

  Jack smirked and got to his feet, offering a hand to his girlfriend. "With Amanda, you should have seen this coming."

  "Very funny," I said sarcastically, ignoring the slight sadness that hit my heart when Jack helped Miko to her feet, tugged her closer than one would with friend, and then walked hand in hand towards the bathrooms as Miko explained how she'd be able to fight everything soon. All week, I tried not to think about how much easier things would be with Finn around, with little luck. We had been talking on the phone every day, but they were short, ten minute calls just to check in before Finn had to head to another meeting. They really were keeping him busy, and I knew it was everything rested on his success in Washington, though that didn't stop me from missing him.

  I grabbed my sweater, tossing it on over my tank top, and undid my high ponytail as I headed out of the gym, towards the kitchen. Miko and Jack had both been staying at the manion, since it was more of a hassle to get them back and forth for training. It would also be difficult to explain to their parents about what they'd been doing all day. We had decided to wait on telling their parents just until we got an answer from Finn and his superiors, since it would be a big process and we didn't want them all worked up if we ended up getting denied.