Chapter Eight

So I made a horrible mistake and messed up which chapters got posted first. Please go back and read the last two chapters again, cause I made an oopsie. Sorry lovelies! Here's my chapter early to make up for it.

   I was staring at a Cybertronian, but not one like I'd ever seen. He was the same size as a human, but that's where the resemblance to the one from the mall ended. Gold streaks covered its black exterior, forming letters that I read to be some sort of incantation. But what put me off was his face, which looked like the exterior face plate was missing. It was like staring at a skull attached to a fully functioning body, and to say it was unnerving would be an understatement. And if I wasn't already tense enough, he, was aiming both arm blasters at me.

   "Whoa," I said, putting both hands up in surrender as I moved slowly towards him. "I don't want to fight you."

   "What you want does not matter, human," He said, voice almost garbled. "I have a mission."

   "Given by who?" I demanded, still moving closer.

   He sneered at me. "I'm no fool. I know who you are."

   I raised an eyebrow. "Do you now?"

   "Goddess spawn," he spat. "I saw you shielding yourself from our blasts."

   "Then you know you won't be able to hurt me with those," I indicated towards his guns. "So what about you put them away and we can talk. You're clearly on Earth for the first time, so maybe I can help you out."

   He only lifted his guns more. "And then we can all go home as though nothing happened?"

   "Not exactly."

   "That's what I thought," He fired three shots within a split second. I blocked one, side stepped another, and ducked under the last one before dashing forward. Clearly he didn't want to talk, so I pushed him back against the wall, hands out and covered in silver now.

   "Stand down," I warned, holding a hand in front of his face.

   Instead of responding, his gun began to glow again, indicating another blast on its way, but I beat him to it. I extended the silver dust, letting it slam him into the wall and crumple to the ground, out cold. Kneeling besides him, my fingers touched his blasters, rendering them useless before I used the metal from the ground and walls to create bonds to trap him. Then I stood and raced back to the main lab, when the sound of a fight echoed down the hall. That's when I saw what was happening in the main lab.

   Finn had his hands in the air as three Cybertronians- two femmes and a mech- aimed their blasters at him, while two others worked on disconnecting a piece of hardware from the lab computers.

   "Really, guys," Finn was saying, and I ducked behind the wall, hiding myself from their line of sight. "We can talk about this. You don't have to race in, guns blazing. Humans are civilized for the most part. We don't want to fight all the time. Let's put away the guns, stop trying to steal things, and discuss what's going on."

   A femme walked forward, stopping only when she was inches away from him. All the Cybertronians looked similar to the one I had already fought; painted black with gold incantations and a missing face plate.

   "You humans talk too much as well," The femme growled. "Where is your partner?"

   "What partner?" Finn asked.

   "The other human that entered with you. Where is she?"

   He shrugged. "Beats me. This is a big place. Why don't you just send one of your guys to find her?"

   The femme narrowed her eyes. "I don't like playing games, human."

   "I'm not playing."

   She raised her arm, unsheathing a blade and brought it down with alarming speed. I just barely managed to shoot a stream of silver dust to catch it before it sliced into Finn's face.

   "That's not how we play on Earth," I said, walking out into the open, keeping my hold on her arm. "Slicing people's faces off is a no."

   "Get her!" The femme screeched, and three of the Cybertronians turned to me, unsheathing their own blades. I ignored them, my eyes going to Finn, whose gaze was steady. He gave me a small, barely noticeable nod, then clenched his fists. Understanding his message, I let a tiny stream of silver dust trickle towards him, infusing with the metal in his multi-purpose gloves. Once I felt there was enough power in them, I created a sudden blast of silver dust, which smashed into the three approaching Cybertronians. They flew backwards, into the walls, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw Finn slam his fist into the femme's face, sending her back as well. I dashed forward, standing next to him as the Cybertronians tried to recompose themselves.

   "We offered to talk, and we'll do it again," I said, hoping that this is what Optimus would say in this sort of situation. "Stand down. We don't have to fight."

   "Save it," The lead femme snapped, getting to her feet. "We know your kind."

   "What kind would that be?"

   "Goddesses," She spat. "We don't follow your principles. Conflict fuels us."

   My jaw clenched as realization dawned on me. "You're followers of Valilorna. That's what your incantations mean."

   "Through chaos, we rejoice," she spread her arms, a smile spreading across her face eerily. "Through chaos, truth and justice fall. Through chaos, Valilorna will succeed."

   I shook my head. "That didn't happen before, and it won't now. I won't let it."

   "Then you will die."