Chapter Thirty-One

This is going up early since I didn't post on Monday 😅 Sorry lovelies I'm such a lazy person and literally can't write, but enjoy!

[Miko]

  I groaned, my body aching already. That hit had hurt, being smashed into a metal wall and all was not something I wanted to experience ever again. But when I saw Finn standing in front of my best friend/evil goddess, all my complaints drained away.

  My hand reached out, fingers wrapping around my stun gun. Adrenaline pounded through my body as everything Amanda taught me took over. I might not have had nearly as much training as her or Finn, but I wasn't going to sit here and do nothing. I aimed, lining the gun up with my best friend.

  She looked eerie, like a possessed doll from a horror movie. Her body was unnaturally relaxed, despite the obvious battle happening here and outside, and that eeriness was only boosted by the fact that her golden dress was totally still with not a speck of dirt on it. Gold dust gathered at her fingertips, glowing steadily brighter as Finn sent a punch her way. She stepped back, not ruffling her dress or loose hair at all, and then thrust a hand out, latching onto the metal Finn wore and sending him flying back. That's when I fired, my blast hitting her shoulder. For a scary moment, she didn't move a muscle, before slowly turning to me, an eyebrow raising.

  "You humans," She spat, the voice not Amanda's whatsoever. "Leave now, and you may survive the day."

  I bit back the urge to send her a snarky retort, instead focusing on shooting her even more. By the time I blinked, she was in front of me and yanked the gun out of my hands.

  "Rude!" I exclaimed, hiding my spike in fear.

  She grabbed the front of my jacket, my nice kickbutt uniform jacket, and pulled me to my feet. "Annoying pest."

  "You're the parasite in my best friend's body!" I shot back, sending a fist to her face, but she caught it. I'd never been able to beat Amanda in hand to hand combat, and that was the moment I realized this time would be the same. Her eyes- golden instead of silver and hazel- narrowed ever so slightly, and she raised her gold coated fist.

  I barely felt the impact before everything went black.

[Jack]

  Amanda-Valilorna's fist cracked against Miko's face, knocking my girlfriend unconscious as I reached them. I grabbed Amanda-Valilorna's shoulder, causing her to drop Miko, and punched her hard in the gut, just the way I'd been taught. She hardly grunted before backhanding me, the hard impact sending me stumbling back.

  "You are both pathetic," She growled. "Hardly a match for my abilities."

  "You mean Amanda's abilities," I snapped, regaining my balance. "You've got zip without her right now. You couldn't fight us alone if you had to."

  She paused, then her lips curled upwards. "While that may be a valid assumption, I do not intend to waste time finding out. I will kill you quickly."

  She moved quickly, but I knew she would. As she appeared in front of me, I already had my foot up in a kick, which connected with her chest. She let out a low growl and flicked her hand out, gold dust latching onto me. I was raised into the air, and I kicked out, trying to hit her to free myself, which didn't work at all. Her hand up and aimed at me, Amanda-Valilorna approached me.

  "I have tried to be merciful," She said innocently. "It is a pity that you humans are too dull to understand when you are in the presence of true power."