Life as a Blind

Finally, Domenico left. Francesco and I are alone at the masseria and I am really looking forward to a nice shower and some rest after all that I had to live through. However my reprieve is short lived, the phone rings.
"Pronto?" I reply when I finally am able to pick the phone.
"Hello, Mr. Romano, how are you?" I recognize the voice of the inspector instantly.
"De Laurentis, what a surprise." I am really not in the mood to have to explain for the hundredth what happened and that I am now blind for an undetermined time, maybe the rest of my life, so I just lie. "I am fine. How about you?"
"Great thank you. And how is Francesco?"
"He is fine as well." I am actually kind of depressed right now and not in the mood for pleasantries, so I just cut to the point. "It has been what, about a month since your last call. What may I do for you today?"
"I am worried about Francesco. I believe he spent a night at the hospital a couple of days ago, you were not answering the phone. I was about ready to get a flight out to come and see what was going on." I see where this is going and I start to get ready mentally to explain it all, all over again. But, wait a minute how does he know.
"How do you know that Francesco was in the hospital two nights ago?"
"Through the implant, I can log on and know where he is."
"Oh, that makes sense, you made a copy of the software. "
"Yes, we did that too. But this is different, this was made in house. The implant works like any other cell phones. So if you have the right frequency, the address of the device, and know what commands the device accepts, you are in business."
"You mean like the IP address of computers."
"Yes, pretty much so."
"That's good news." I am actually feeling better. "Then you can find the other slaves and free them."
"I wish it were so." He sounds upset. "Unfortunately you need to log on the device to know were it is, and to do that you need the address, IP address as you called it. We actually have developed a software that tries different address combinations and pings them. We tested with Francesco and it worked. So we are now pinging away, up to now we have had no luck. But it is a matter of time. I am sure we will hit some devices soon enough. But enough about me. What happened to Francesco?"
Ok here it goes for the hundredth time, I should just record the story and then press play when someone wants to know it.
"Actually, Francesco is quite fine. It was I that was in the hospital and Francesco just kept me company for the first night."
"And they let him stay there?"
"He can be quite persuasive when he wants."
"Ohh, that I did not expect. How about you? What happened, are you alright?"
"Yes I am fine now. Spent a couple of days in the hospital and now I am blind, but I am really fine."
"What?" His voice raises an octave, "and you say it just like that, like the sun is shining today."
"I am used to it by now, I have told the story about a hundred times already."
"I see, I understand. I am not going to ask you to repeat it again, but are you sure you are fine? Do you need anything?"
"No thanks, I really am fine now that I am home. Now I just have to rest and wait for the swelling of the concussion to go down so that I should gain my sight back."
"Ok, I will let you go. But please call me if you need anything."
"Sure, I will. Thank you again."
I hang up.
"Are you mad at me for coming to the hospital after you told me not to?" Francesco asks right after I hang up, I clearly detect the worry in his voice.
"No Francesco. Why do you always think that I must be mad at you?"
"I did not mean to misbehave. I just wanted to be there with you."
"You do not need to worry. I am not mad. I am actually glad you came. I felt lonely at times. And it was good for you to be there. They showed you how to guide me while I cannot see."
"How long do they think this will last?" He is clearly concerned.
"No one knows. There is a light swelling on the concussion I have received at the back of the head. The swelling seems to be pressing on the optical nerve. For now I am officially blind. The Medicine should help with the pain and the swelling. So hopefully soon I will be back to normal." I am trying my best to put him at ease. I decide to change argument.
"So what have you done these last two days by yourself?"
"Nothing much, I kept the masseria in order as you asked and I picked more olives."
"What?" Now I am altered, I take a deep breath." By yourself. Francesco that was very dangerous. Did you not have enough of one accident?"
"No, I mean yes. I had enough of one accident. I was very careful and I did not stretch to reach the higher branches. I promise." He adds as if he wants to stress his point.
"Fine, I believe you. But now we are going to have to take them to the press."
"I... Did that already." He adds after a pause.
"What. But you cannot drive the tractor outside the land."
"I know that now. On the second day on my way back the police stopped me for a controllo. They wanted to take the tractor. But then, after I spoke to them, they let me go. I promised I would not drive outside the farm again."
I cannot help the smile that forms on my lips.
"Why am I not surprised. Maria, the nurse at the hospital, kept on telling me how you managed to convince them to let you stay the night to keep me company, She thinks you should become a lawyer." I cannot see his expression but I imagine he must feel smug at my comment. I add
"Will you take me to my room? I think I am going to change."
He guides me to the room.
"Maybe you can lay out some clothes for me. Then I will change."
"Do you want to wash as well?" He asks in a low tone.
I smell myself and realize that I do need a shower. I am still not comfortable with moving around, and I am afraid I may slip or otherwise hurt myself while trying to wash blindly. But, that too is something I will have to face sooner or later. So I add.
"You are right, I do need a shower. Please take me to the bathroom with some clothes."
He brings me to the bathroom and to the shower corner. Problem is that the hooks for the clothes are at the entrance, while the shower is at the end. In between there are the sink, toilet, bidet and of course some furniture. Thinking he is gone already I starts feeling around with my hands. This is going to be a lot harder then I thought.
"Maybe" He says all of a sudden which startle me, "maybe I can help you."
"Help me?" I am not sure what he has in mind.
"Y....yes." He adds unsure, "you ... Do not seem to be able to move by yourself." He adds cautiously.
"It's just that I am not sure where to put my clothes, once I removed them."
"I will take them for you." Do I sense a hint of shyness.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, yes if it's ok with you" He adds more resolute.
"Ok ." I reply somewhat relieved. I remove my sweater, shirt, and undershirt. Which he takes. I feel somewhat self conscious at the fact that he is there while I am exposed. We have been plenty of times at the beach and he has obviously seen me already in my swimsuit. But yet now in the closed space if the bathroom I feel the proximity and I am not sure how to act. I unbutton my pants and lower them. I remove a leg, then as I try to remove the other, I loose my balance and fall. I do not hit the ground however, since a pair of strong arms encircle me and keep me up. I feel the strong chest muscles contracted against my own in the effort to take my weight. My face and lips are against his neck where, many times alone in the shower, I imagined I would kiss and even bite. I feel my face turning red. Hopefully he will not read anything into it.
"I...I am sorry." I manage to say, as he straighten me. "I lost my balance." I keep on explaining.
"Hold on master. I will help you." He replies, as I feel him dropping his hands along my legs as he removes the rest of the pants. From the pulse I feel in my groin, I must be semi erected. This is not how it played in my fantasies. As soon as he is done I face the other direction.
"Thank you Francesco. I will take it from here." I add.
"But master, are you sure."
"Yes." I reply net cutting him off. "I am fine, seriously. I will call you if I need more help."
"Ok, I will be outside then." He adds in a tone that I can only describe as resigned or even baffled as if he did not expect my answer.
As soon as I feel I am alone I drop the underwear to the floor and guiding myself with my hands I step in the shower. During my shower I debate on whether I should take the time to fantasize about Francesco, but decide against it since he is outside and may decide to come in if he hears some strange noises escaping me at the apex of my pleasure. When I am finished I step out and try to look for the towel. I have problems finding it, who in hell came in while I was in the hospital and moved the walls and everything in it, I tell myself as I keep on bumping left and right.
Funny, you think you know the room like your own hand, but without sight none of my memories of the place help and my perception is completely off, but still I refuse to let Francesco in. Eventually, as I am getting so cold that I start shivering, I am able to find a face towel, judging from the size. I use it to dry myself. I try now to locate my clothes. Bang! In the hurry, since I was cold, I hit the furniture with the bath supplies.
"Damn," I yelp as pain spreads through my hip and the bath items on the narrow furniture fall all over.
Of course Francesco runs right in to the rescue. So much for not wanting him see me naked and vulnerable.
"Are you OK, master?" He is worried.
"Yes, just pass me my clothes please." I am annoyed, mainly at my own stupidity. He passes me my underwear first. In the hurry to put it on I have to trip and find myself face first into his chest and of course his strong embrace. Is it his nipple that I feel pressed to my lips through the fabric of his shirt? Groin starts pulsating, again! Damn.
"Can I help you?" He asks. Not again, I think to myself. There is no way I let you pull up my underwear.
"Just...hold me ... Steady while I get dressed, please."
Eventually, I manage to get dressed. The feat is not easy as I try to keep my body in a way that he will not have a clear view of my groin and the swelling that is happening there, since he has his hands all over me. What a mess, the more I try to hide my groin, the more he has trouble holding me resulting in very compromising positions which results, more often then not, in achieving the completely opposite of what I want. By the time I finish I have trouble placing my member in a way that it will not show how excited it is, is the tip wet already? Too long, it's been too long. However, I am finally dressed and, thankfully, out of the closed confines of the bathroom.
The rest of the day we chat about all and nothing, Francesco prepares me a nice meal. Eventually, after supper, I am tired and ready to go to bed, thinking that I have had enough excitement for one day.
"I think I have had enough for today. Could you please take me to my room?"
"Yes master." He adds promptly. Somehow, I detect something else in the voice, he seems edgy all of a sudden. However I let it slide, I am really looking forward to my bed right now.
"Can I ask something, master?"
"Of course you can Francesco."
"What does it feels being blind? I mean do you see all black? Like night?"
"Actually, I am not totally blind, I mean I cannot function by myself, but I am not totally blind. The best way to explain is like trying to see with fogged glasses. You see things in front of you, but they are just like indistinguishable shades."
"Like when you wear glasses outside on a snowy day and walk inside?"
"Yes, the glasses fog and you can't see a thing." He must still feels responsible for what happened, so I decide to add. "As the swelling goes down, my sight should get better so soon I should be back to normal."
We walk the rest in silence. As we reach the bedroom I ask.
"Could you please lay down my pajamas on the bed so I can change?"
I hear him shuffling. Then after a pause I hear him say.
"Maybe ... Maybe, if you want, I can sleep here ... with you. In case you need something during the night."
Thinking of the temptation, I add almost instantly.
"That won't be necessary." Then on second thought, knowing he must mean well and look like an ass, I add. "I know you worry, and I am really glad you are by my side. But, really, nothing changed. I am fine, and soon I will be back to normal."
I am not sure if my speech worked, but I doubt it, since I feel he hasn't moved. Then he speaks.
"At least let me help you get ready for bed."
Thinking of the bathroom ordeal earlier, I just add
"Once again, I will be fine. You can go to bed now. Really."
"Please, master." He almost implores, "I really need to do this now."
A hesitant hand reaches my own hand and places it on his shoulder. I feel warm skin under my palm. When did he remove his shirt? Or whatever he was wearing? My logic and mind tells me to stop this now. Yet my hand will not move. His hand still lightly on mine starts guiding it lower, and it follows. My mouth is dry, I want to say so much and yet no words come out. He guides my hand over his pec, I feel his nipple under my fingers. That nipple so close to my lips earlier when it was still covered by the fabric of his shirt. Now exposed, is perky and I almost feel the goosebumps that have formed on its edge. Is it the cool air? Is he nervous? That must be it. He must feel guilty and decided to give himself to me. I cannot let him do that. It takes all the strength I have, but I finally manage.
"Francesco, please stop...I told you that you are not at fault for what happened to me. You do not need to do this."
He does not reply. He simply removes his hand. Finally, I am free I can remove my hand, which not only does not move from where it is, but being freed from the weak restraint of Francesco's own hand, can now start to circle the pec and trace the perky bud unabashed. Great! I think to myself, you have the same will power of a five years old in candy store.
Just as I am to take a deep breath and use all my will power and resolution to rein in the hand. Francesco hands reach for my shirt and start unbuttoning it.
When I can finally breath again, Francesco managed to free the shirt from my body and he is even able to remove it without overly disturbing the hand on his pec. This has to stop now, I think. While with a shaky voice I manage to say.
"Francesco, please stop. You really don't have to do this. I will not be able to stop if you carry on."
As an answer he simply comes closer pressing his body against mine. That is all I need to go in overdrive my mouth ravaging his neck. My hands start feeling anything they can reach.
"Please, Francesco stop." Ok that sounds pathetic. I ask him to stop, but he is doing nothing. He just stands there while I am the one acting like a starved chihuahua on a pork chop. He reaches for my jeans, unbuttons them and lowers them to my mid thighs. As soon as that is done my hips thrust into his, pressing my now hard member into his crotch. To my disappointment I realize that he is still wearing his jeans. I proceed to feel between his legs and that is when I realize that two things are not right. His hands are by his side, he does not move. He takes the necessary actions for me to have an easy task, but he does not participate in my love making. Two he is not hard. Even flaccid he is quite endowed, but I have seen him hard once, and what I feel in my hand now is not it. The realization sinks in that I am still taking advantage of him all over again. I cannot let it happen. I take all the will power I have left and concentrate it on one single act.
"No," I say as I push him away with whatever little will power I have left. The second the contact is severed I feel the loss and longing, but I am actually proud of myself. I was able to remove the contact between us so that his body is no longer pressing against mine and he will not be taken advantage of. However, my victory is short lived since as I do that that Francesco speaks and he is not happy.
"What did you do that for? Do you really hate me that much? First you touch me all over and then you just throw me away? What do you want from me?" He is in pain and from the shiver in his voice he must be on the brink of tears. I don't know what to say.
"No, Francesco. Please you misunder..." I am not able to finish I hear him taking steps away from me.
"Nice going" I tell myself, as I pull my pants and start following him. Being blind, not an easy task as I keep on bumping left and right
"Who in hell came here and moved all the walls and furniture around, nothing seems to be were I remember it." I say out loud frustrated. "Ouch!" I Yelp as I bump by the entrance of the laundry room, still his bedroom. I am about to call for Francesco, when I realize from the cold air that the main door is open.
"Great, as if moving inside was not enough of an ordeal, he had to go outside this late at night. Moving out there will be impossible" I tell myself as I approach the main door.
"Francesco?" I call once I am on the doorstep. He does not reply, but I hear him sniff. He must be by the sidewalk that is at the front of the masseria. I start toward him as the cold bites into me.
"Shit." I yelp as I accidentally kick him trying to find him. Great, good job, why don't you make him feel worst then what he feels already. "Sorry," I manage, as I manage to sit beside him on the sidewalk. After a minute I have gathered enough thoughts to be able to speak.
"Francesco, please, don't misunderstand me. I really appreciate what you tried to do back there. But you are not gay. And even if you were, you are so much younger then me. It would not be right...no matter how much I want you. I want to protect you. Please understand." I have to gather my thoughts to be able to continue, but it is him that speaks first still edgy.
"No master, it is you that doesn't understand. I am a slave, a possession to be done with however you please. They made sure of that when they placed the implant in me. Even the police realized that. That is why they felt they had the rights to do all kind of tests in their clinic and now they feel they have the right to follow me and control me with their own software, yes I heard your conversation earlier. Fact is that the only reason I am still alive and able to live every day is because, thanks to God, I have a great master. Actually the best master I could ever hope for." He takes a breath. "Right now, the best I can do, the only thing I can do, is to be the best slave I can be, the slave you deserve."
"Francesco, you are the best...slave" I force the word out,"already, you don't need to..." Jeez this is so hard.
"Please master, let me finish. I know how you feel about me and what you want...I know what you do alone in the bathroom and why, I am not stupid. Eventually you will be so frustrated with me that you will hate me. I cannot live with that, you deserve better from your slave and I ... I deserve ... No, I want ... Yes, I want to be yours in all things, as it is meant to be, as they made me to be. Anything else is not acceptable, anything else will waste me and you."
I am stunned. What can I reply to that. How could such a kid have such a maturity? Finally, when the cold, forgotten momentarily, brings me back to reality, I add.
"Ok, you are probably right, I will not let my wanting consume me and destroying us, but let's take it slowly, and for now let's go back inside and in bed, my bed, our bed. I guess, what I am trying to say is, I want you to sleep next to me."
"It will be a pleasure, master." He sounds relieved already as he stands and guides me back inside.