Chapter 31

Rushing down the stairs she confusingly looks at her family who was gathered up in the middle night.

She sat beside Neela putting her head in Neela's lap. Neela starts caressing Avni's hair.

Avni : what is the gossip? Why are you all gathered up this late? Don't you guys have work tomorrow morning?

She said last sentence looking at her brother and father who shared a look with each other then looks back at Avni.

Avni : am I missing something? What's the secret that I don't know? Come tell me.

Manik was the first one to open his mouth.

Manik: baby doll, we have attend a business party.

Avni : why? I don't like business party. I am not going. Don't tell you guys are making plans how to convince to attend the party. Well its epic fail as I will not go.

Nandini : Avni! Listen to your Bhai first!

Avni : no Bhabhi! I won't go there!

Neela : bacha! The business party is in Mumbai. All the business family will be there. Please come along with us.

Hearing Mumbai name her face lit up. Mumbai means Neil will be there too. She will get Neil there too.

She looks at her family who was hoping she would say yes.

Avni: fine I will come with you guys!

She spoke hiding her biggest smile making others smiles too.

Ashish : that's good! Manik book the tickets from tomorrow morning.

Manik nodded his head and excusing himself made a call.

Avni : maa! Whose party is it?

Neela : I don't know! Why it should bother us? We are going to attend the party.

Avni : yeah! Bhabhi have you chosen the dress?

Nandini : I haven't! I'm so confused what to wear.

Avni : we should go shopping in Mumbai before attending the party. What do you think Bhabhi?

Nandini : yes! Its wonderful idea!

Avni grins and takes her phone out scrolling her social media till Manik comes back.

Manik comes back and informed them the flight timing for tomorrow morning. Avni smiled brightly and getting up moves to Manik wrapping her arms around  his neck.

Avni : Bhai! Will you take us for shopping?

Manik : shopping? Why? You guys have such beautiful outfits then why need to spend money?

Avni rolls her eyes and slapping his arm rushed back to her room. She fell on the bed while squealing like a child.

Avni : I can't wait see you lover boy!

She took her phone out and dials his number. It rang but there was no answer which made her sad.

She slaps her head realising the time.

Avni: how stupid of me. He would asleep by now. So silly of me.

She kept the phone on side table and covering herself with duvet closed her eyes allowing the sleep over take her.

Next morning Avni packing her luggage and grabbing her phone headed downstairs to see everyone sitting in hall with their luggage's too.