Chapter 59

Twisting sides of bed, she was unable to sleep. She got habitual of sleeping in his arms. She terribly missed him.

It only has been two hours since he has left but it felt likes years they are separated. Her body laid on bed and her eyes lazily staring the ceiling. Her eyes roamed around the ceiling unable to sleep.

Sitting up on bed, she sighs and glanced the time. Getting down the bed she moves to closet and opening it, she looks at his side clothes and found a pair of shirt.

She smiles pulling the shirt to her chest and closing her eyes she shoved her tears back.

Twirling the shirt around she hopped to the washroom and got changed into his shirt.

She climbs on the bed and pulls the duvet over and tries to sleep again but failed miserably. She grabs the phone and scrolled down her phone.

Her hand couldn't stop from dialling his number.
She hoped he would pick up the call.

Her heart starts beating faster as the ring went but no answer from other side. Her hope slowly died and was about disconnect the call when she heard his soft voice.

Neil: hello love, are you alright?

Her eyes glints with tears but somehow she hold tears her back and spoke playing with hem of his shirt.

Avni : hello Neil! Did you reach? Are you okay?

Neil : I'm on the way love. We will be reaching there soon. Are you alright?

Avni: I'm alright Neil.. I was missing you. I couldn't sleep. How long will it take to reach there?

Neil : I missed you too love. Not too long left love. It's very late. You should try to sleep love.

Avni : I really miss you Neil. I can't sleep. I tried so much.

He deeply sighed other side looking at his mates who were chatting but had all attentions on him as he talked with Avni on the phone. He rolls his eyes at his stupid fellows.

Neil : it's okay! Just try to sleep. I'm ending the call right now. I want you to sleep now. I will call tomorrow morning. Okay. 

She didn't wanted to disconnect the call but also couldn't disobey his words. She simply nodded her head only to slap her head realising he wasn't here to witness whereas other side he chuckles knowing her antics.

Avni : okay. I will try sleep again. Please do call me tomorrow morning.

Neil : I will love! Goodnight! Sleep well.

Avni : goodnight Neil!

She ended the call and placing the phone on the side table looks at the ceiling.

Deeply she sighs taking his pillow and hugging it tightly close to her chest imagining him being with her. She closed her eyes and tries to sleep.

Flicking her eyes widen, she snuggles to the pillow. Her stretched out finding his presence, she opens her eyes rubbing it while yawning as she looks at beside the bed and frowns seeing other side empty.

As the realisation hits up, she closed her eyes remembering the last night painful memories of him leaving. Her eyes welled up but she couldn't let the tears flow because of the promise she made to him.

She wouldn't cry. She had to be strong and brave enough to fight against all odds. Holding back on her tears she grabs her phone and turns on it to see his message and miscalled her.

Opening the message, she read it loudly.

" hey love, I believe you're still sleeping. Not worry, rest well. I have safely arrived and will be rested. I will try to call later when I can. Please don't stress and be upset. I'll be okay. Take care of yourself love. I love you."