Chapter 7

In khanna mansion.

Hours had passed but avni couldn't sleep. The reason why she couldn't sleep was unknown to her, she kept tossing her body either side of bed. At last she gave up.

She left her hand up in the messy hair of hers before glancing at the phone that was kept on side table of the bed.

She picks the phone up and saw the time which showed 4: am in the morning.

She realised a sigh before keeping the phone back and slipping her feet into slippers comes out of the room.

She quietly walked down the stairs and made her way towards kitchen while being lost in her world.

Her eyes widen as she felt another figure sitting in kitchen with a cup in a hand. She tried not to be scared but eventually got scared as the figure was back facing her.

She composed herself and took a step making the person alert of het own presence.

The person turns around and looks at avni stopped feeling gaze on her.

Neil : what are you doing this late?

Avni stood there still feeling his gaze deep. She took a minute before lifting her head up and staring him.

Avni : a.... I....

She shuttered at him. Neil kept the cup on the kitchen slab and walks to her.

Neil : why are you still up? Shouldn't you be sleeping?

Avni : I..... I couldn't sleep...

Neil looks at her for mere second before turning his gaze away from her.

Neil : do you want some coffee?

Avni : are you going to make it?

Neil : yes! Wanna have some?

Avni : sorry but I don't like coffee...I will just have some water.

Neil nodded his head and taking his cup moves out of the kitchen but stopped at the door and turns his head back in the kitchen. A smile appeared on his face as he watched avni gulping the water...

He shook his head and went away.

Avni kept the glass down and went out of kitchen. As she came out of kitchen she noticed Neil sitting in hall while scrolling his phone and drinking coffee that she assumed as he asked her earlier.

Avni : why are you still up?

She couldn't hold herself from asking the question.

Neil turns his gaze and saw her.

Neil : I couldn't sleep.. and I had some work to complete. You should go back to sleep.

Neil spoke but got surprised in a second as he felt avni sitting beside him. He looks at her.

Avni : Neil, Thank you..

Neil : thank you for what?

He was confused thinking why is she thanking him.

Avni : thank you for making me meet your friends.. they are so lovely..

Neil smiles as he heard about his friends.

Neil : you don't need to thank me avni...

They both stayed in silence till a yawn left from Avni's mouth. Avni clasped her mouth and looks at Neil who slightly chuckles.

Neil : you should sleep now.. you also look tired.

Avni nods.

Avni : good night Neil..