Chapter 24

<Jungkook PoV>

"Hyung what do I do hyung??" I asked nervously.

Namjoon hyung and I were sitting in the waiting room behind the press conference. Bang Pdnim shouted at Sana for causing the scene but it looks like a result of her depression. She still crossed the line and I'll never forgive her.

Army is furious. I'm scared that I disappointed them. Maybe I should have mentioned about helping Sana before but it wasn't my place to tell.

I'm sorry Army.

(This is how I felt when Jungkook apologized. I felt so guilty though I never was a part of the armies who hated on him for the scandal)

"It'll be okay Jungkook ah don't worry" Namjoon hyung patted my back.

Why did Sana have to read it out in front of the media? What if Lisa saw it? What place does this put her in? It's going to be thousand times harder for me to announce her as my girlfriend. But I'll make it possible. I will.

"We sent her back" My manager said as he entered the room.

"How is the public taking it?" Hyung asked him.

"Actually not that bad. They think it's a simple one sided crush. No harm was caused." He ruffled my hair.

"Should I go to Lisa now?" I stood up.

"About that" he made me sit down.

"What? She might have seen this. I need to reassure her she'll be scared" I whined.

"They warned you to stay away from her" he said.

"What?" Hyung stood up. "But how is this Jungkook's mistake?"

"The way armies reacted made them realize you're not healthy for them. You're a threat to her career."

"I'm sorry" I said desperately.

"No you can't go Jungkook. We can't afford another scandal." My manager said with a Stern look and he left the room.

I felt like crying. I need to talk to her.

"Hyung I need to talk to her" I said desperately.

"Try to meet her away from her dorms or the office" he said thinking.

"Okay" I said as I took my phone to call her.

The number you are trying to reach has blocked all calls from your number.

"They must have taken her phone" I declared.

But how do I meet her?

She might be at the book place I met her not long ago. I ran to my Mercedes as I drove to the small book cafe. I put my mask on and went inside.

There was no one. I sat there trying to think. What if she agreed to this?

Ani it's not possible.

No no.

Think about morning Jungkook. We were happy. Yes we were.

Was she?

Yes she was.

I really need to talk to her.

I got up from my seat when I realized the sun had set. Just when I was about to leave, she came in. It was her.

Lisa.

"Lisa?" I called out.

She was a little shocked to see me but she turned around to leave. I caught her before she could.

"I'm sorry" I cupped her cheeks. "I'm really sorry you had to see that"

She didn't say anything.

"I'm sorry Lisa. I know your life has become very complicated because of me but -"

"Yes" she said.

"What?"

"You've made my life really hard" she said not looking at me.

"I'm really sorry Lisa. Please give me a chance. I'll make everything right"

"You said that even last time."

"Look at me" I pleaded.

"You always say that. But somehow trouble comes searching for you. And even I get affected. I don't think it's worth it"

"What are you saying?" I had tears but I didn't care to wipe them. I'm losing Lisa here, tears is the last thing I should worry about.

"Let's break up"

"Don't you love me?" I asked her with a shaking voice.

"Now that I think about it. No"

"Really?"

"Yes Jungkook. Please leave me alone. My life has become miserable with you in it" she yelled. My heart broke but I didn't want to show it.

I still decided to beg her.

"Please Lisa. I love you. I'll fight for us" I cried.

"Don't be a baby. I'm leaving" she said and left. I could hear sniffles but I'm sure if it was her or just me.

My heart was shattered. Maybe I deserve this. I fall in deep only to be left broken. I'm never falling in love again. Never. But I couldn't stop crying.

<Third person Pov>

Lisa couldn't control her tears as she left the place. She cried all the way to the car. She even cried the whole journey back to the dorm. But she felt she did the right thing.

She wasn't being selfish. No. No.

She knew Jungkook already had so many things going on in his life. She was just becoming another cause for him to worry. He always had the fear of what will happen to Lisa. She didn't want that.

But saying those words and seeing him cry was making her back out. She couldn't see him like that but she had to be strong for him.

As for Jungkook, his heart was shattered. This always happens to him. Back then with Sana, he was ready to fight for her but she left him. He still managed to join his broken heart and love again. Only to face the same consequences. He cried his eyes out that night. But the man who left the cafe after that was not Jungkook. He was a man who promised himself to never love again.

<Lisa PoV>

"Unnie I don't think I made the right decision. Maybe we can be together. Maybe " I cried hugging Jisoo Unnie.

"It's for the best Lisa. Now focus on your career. You're still very young"

But it didn't feel right. The sight of a strong Jungkook breaking down in front of me. It wasn't right.

It's too late now. I lost him.

God keep him happy.

Please.