𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

✧・゚: *✧・゚

✧・゚: *✧・゚

"What do you remember about your coven?"

Sniffles fill the air as the blond looks around the room. "Not-not much." She stammers, her voice monotoned. A girl with reddish brown hair, whose name is Hope, kneels down to try comfort the blond girl. "I, uh, I remember a lot of darkness. And a lot of, um, a lot of pain?" She says in almost a question.

The girl, no older than 14, glances up at the duo. Hope Mikaelson, a tribrid well known to the entire supernatural community, and Alaric Saltzman, a headmaster at a school in Virginia for the supernatural.

"You guys practiced black magic, is that correct?"

The girl nods slowly. "I- I didn't know it was black magic at first. When it's all you know it doesn't seem so bad." She gives a slight shrug, trying to convince herself as she tries to convince them. "I should've known."

Alaric Saltzman shakes his head. "There's no way you could've known." He says shortly. She doesn't say anything, and her eyes water. He makes slight eye contact with Hope, who nods at him. He leans back in his chair, looking at a file relating to the girl in front of him. "The Sanguis Coven, correct?"

"Yeah," She whispers.

"Can you tell me what that means?"

The blond looks at the floor, rubbing her eyes with her hand. "It means Blood Coven. In Latin." She explains. "Most of our magic involved sacrifices and blood." Hope Mikaelson feels bad for the blond sitting near her. A young girl growing up surrounded by nothing but evil. She knew nothing else.

Alaric writes a little note, before speaking once again. "And how, miss, did you destroy your coven?" Hope looks over at the girl, almost worried about the answer.

The blond fiddles her fingers, messing with a ring upon her finger. The ring was a beautiful shade of deep purple, with the emblem of what looked like a cloud upon it. Hope notices this detail, and wonders how she got that ring. "I killed them." The girls eyes are red, tears rolling down her cheeks. "They used me. They treated me like I was nothing. They hurt me. They tried to kill me." She looks up slowly. "So I killed them."

Hope sucks in a nervous breath. "One last thing," Alaric Saltzman says says. "What's your name?" The blond stares down at the floor. As if if she stares long enough it will burn away, and she can fall through the cracks. The tribrid and the headmaster wait patiently for an answer.

"Iris. Iris McKnight."

✧ author's note ✧

hey guys! welcome to dreams!

this is just the short prologue, but i promise it gets better. i've been super excited to share it with you guys and see what you think!

this story will the updated on thursday's, along with any occasional times where i'm feeling like updating twice a week. this will help me balance out writing and school because i have so much prewritten.

i hope you guys are as excited for this story as i am!

zoeexchantel