𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖔𝖓𝖊

✧・゚: *✧・

✧・゚: *✧・

Another day, another problem.

That's how most students probably think; with monsters appearing every moment of their lives, but not Iris McKnight. As she pulls her short pastel purple pleated skirt over her legs, and tosses a white blouse over her torso, she clearly didn't think about the negatives with her bright smile. Tossing her curled hair over her shoulder, she puts on her white strap on heels, and hops out the door.

She hasn't seen any of her friends since her night yelling at them. They either didn't wanna talk to her or she didn't want to talk to them. Maybe a bit of both.

Either way, she was just happy that she got what she needed off her chest, as she had bigger things to worry about; like the Mora Miserium.

Lizzie holds the cracked sand clock in her hand, freezing it over with a spell. Alaric stares intently at the dark object, whilst Iris and Josie hold each other's hands tightly. However, the clock soon unfreezes, with a new crack.

"Okay, that's enough." Dr. Saltzman blurts. "We're trying to stop it from exploding, not speed up the process." He sighs as Lizzie slowly places the Miserium on his desk. "We have tried 12 different spells. This is not a problem that magic can fix."

Lizzie crosses her arms over her chest. "Well, it's better than your solution of covering it in concrete and dropping it in the ocean."

"Maybe I deserve the black magic to just boomerang back to me." Josie snaps, slouching in her chair.

Iris shakes her head. "Jo-Bean, don't say that." Iris whispers, rubbing her friends shoulder. Lizzie frowns as she watches the interaction. For a second, she wondered if maybe she was jealous.

"Just cut yourself some slack, okay? You made a mistake." Alaric says, looking at the two girls.

Iris pauses. "What if we break the sandclock?"

"What?" The three Saltzman's ask.

Iris stands tall, "My coven created the Mora Miserium, and as the leader, I can absorb black magic. Like a Siphoner." She glances at the twins. "If we break the clock, I can just absorb all of the magic from Josie, and everyone will be fine!"

"Assuming you don't get hurt," Lizzie retorts. "We can't risk it."

"Lizzies right, it's too dangerous." Alaric says finally.