𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

ANNOUNCEMENT: this chapter will be a continuation of iris mcknight's backstory, written by me. i wrote this when i first started writing the story for an english project, and this is what happened.

✧・゚: *✧・

Lydiana sat on her knees, chains around her hands and feet. Magic from the chains bounded her powers, leaving her weak. Her face and body was covered in cuts and bruises. Her blond hair matted and stringy. Iris felt an anger boiling up, a sense of fear and horror as she peered up at Clover and Alastair.

"To finish this spell, we must use a larger sacrifice." Clover says, as if she wasn't about to kill someone's mother. Iris turns around, trying to escape. The chanting coven members push her back, Iris falling towards Clovers feet. "You must do what's right for this coven." Clover raises the blade to Lydiana's neck, Iris screaming in protest.

Blood spews into the air, landing on Clover and Iris, along with surrounding members. Iris crawls to her mother's corpse, Clover and Alastair joining the circle. A feeling Iris had never felt before floods her body. An anger so evil, so hateful.

They wanted power. That's all they cared about. Iris glowers as she slowly stands. Her clothes dirty and covered in her mother's blood. The red liquid freckled her face. They didn't care who they hurt. Panting, Iris begins to mumble her own spell. They wanted to become the most powerful witches, take over humans with their strengths, but they couldn't without Iris. Members start to slowly quiet, listening to Iris's chant instead of their own. Clover and Alastair look around, annoyed. "What are you idiots doing?" Clover yells, Her eyes fall onto the young Iris, who stares right at her. "No," She whispers.

Iris snaps her head to her left, clenching her hand. A group of coven members grab their necks, trying to breathe. On her right, she flings her hand, five witches necks snapping. The suffocated witches fall to the ground limp. Witches scream in horror, trying to escape from the circle. Iris balls her hand in a fist, the fires growing too tall for them to escape.

Children watched in horror as their parents and siblings screamed in fear. However, the flames grew, inching closer to the young witches. Little boys and girls scream as they begin to run off in different directions. Laurence looks back at her friends daughter in horror, Iris's eyes had now gone black, and her veins darkened from the black magic coursing through her. The 14 year old looks at Laurence, who stumbles back nervously.

Iris screams, releasing her hands. Laurence and surrounding people feel a pain in their chest. Laurence claws at her own chest, looking down fearfully. Suddenly, Iris raises her hands, their hearts ripping out of their chests. Jocelyn screams, trying to get the fire to diminish with her magic. Her baby, only a few months old, laid in his crib sound asleep. She watches the flames inch closer to her own home.

Jocelyn turns to the teen. "Don't kill the children! Don't kill my baby!" She pleads. Iris doesn't say a word, She turns her head, a sign for their local bakery catching her eye. Without moving her pinkie, the sign rips off the wall, speeding straight to Jocelyn. Her head splits from her body, rolling to Alastair's feet. The mans long brown hair flies against his face. Alastair stands tall, trying to be confident. But his hands shook fearfully as he mumbled a fire spell. He threw the ball of fire towards Iris, but she just catches it.

She says the same spell, the fire growing larger. "Incendia!" With a wave of her hand, the ball of flame flew into his chest, his whole body lighting up. Flames covered his body as he screams. Coven members either burn or are suffocated by Iris's magic. The young teen kills everyone in her path.

Clover runs through the town lit in flames. She uses her magic to avoid the flames coming her way, trying to get to the only road in and out of town. Her body is covered in cuts and soot, the sounds of screaming children within their homes. Nobody could save them now.

Clover lets out a relieved laugh as she sees the exit. However, when she gets there, it's as if an invisible wall traps her within the small town. "Barrier spell." She turns, seeing a bloodied Iris.The young girls face was tear stained and smeared with blood. Her hair knotted from all the wind. Iris's eyes now normal, and faded black veins cover her body.

"You killed my mother."

"I did it for the coven." Clover attempts to reason. "I did it for you!"

"You did it for yourself! All you imbeciles care about is power!" Iris raises her hands, a barrier fire in the shape of a pentagram forms around them, the two witches in the center. "And now, you will feel everything I have felt for my whole life."

Clover's features harden, "Incendia!"

She attempts to toss a flame Iris's way, "Resistus Maledi!" Suddenly, the flames coming her direction disintegrate. Clover's face falls as Irises eyes shift back to black. "Tenebris mortem et conteret spiritum. Frange vitam nolite corde ut sub terra esse, ad tenebras usque in sempiternum!" Clover's body shakes as her vision begins to blur. Iris repeats the spell over and over, the woman's body aching. She lets out a final scream before a bright light flashes in front of her, the two girls falling to the ground.

When Iris awakes, it is finally morning in the small town. The blood covered teen stumbles to her feet, surprised at the scene in front of her. The town was now ash. Buildings half burned down and nothing else was around. Burned corpses covered the streets. She killed them all.

A town of once 172, now a town of one.

She breathes heavily as she looks at Clovers corpse. A woman who couldn't accept her own power, and needed a young girls. Iris wanders to the circle on town square, and she wailed as she held her mother's body in her lap. A young girl losing everything she had in hours, all because her coven could never be satisfied. She sobs quietly as the corpses glow slowly, their magic leaving them behind.

The blond sucks in a heavy breath. "No. No no no," She pleads as the magic from her coven forms into a ball. "I don't want it! Please!" She cries.

Her own mother's glow moves from the body to the large ball of light. Iris screams, the magic slamming into her own body. Her coven was gone, and her destiny has been fulfilled. The one who never wanted this power, this greed-filled curse. She has absorbed her covens  magic, leaving a new slate for them all.

Except herself.